Please list those songs that sound like
Please list any other which can be added as a category.
Please go on and give your inputs...
Topic started by cp (@ 184.108.40.206) on Thu Aug 21 17:01:31 EDT 1997.
All times in EDT +9:30 for IST.
- From: cp (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Thu Aug 21 17:02:23 EDT 1997
First let us start with Carnatic Music.
1)All songs in Mogha muzh fall into this category
One song I remember right now is "sollayO vai thirandhu"
Can anyone give the list of other songs in this movie?
2)In Sindhu Bhairavi:
Kalaivaniye unaithanE azhaithEn
un dhayavillaiya kalyana ramaa
- From: Pags (@ mb.cisco.com)
on: Thu Aug 21 17:22:07 EDT 1997
Other songs in MogamuL:
nenjE gurunaatharin sEvadi ninaindhu..(Arunmozhi)
- From: Thenraja Kaliappan (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri Aug 22 08:25:23 EDT 1997
I have read that 'sonnathu nee thaanaa' from 'Nenjil or Aalayam' is based on Hindustani music
- From: Kanchana (@ ww-tk02.proxy.aol.com)
on: Fri Aug 22 11:21:06 EDT 1997
If we can include "Chinna Thirai Isai", then KB's recent Sun-TV serial "Kaadhal Pagadai" has a soft song "Swaramae swaramae en kaadhal swaramae" by Unnikrishnan sung in the Ghazal style.
- From: Sathiyamurthy (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Fri Aug 22 12:46:24 EDT 1997
There is one more good song in mOga muLL sung by KJJ - "kamalam paadha kamalam"
- From: Rajaraman (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Fri Aug 22 23:11:50 EDT 1997
"Sonnathu nee thaanaa" has some beatiful usage
of Sitar. I think it's based on darbari.
Another wonderful hindustani style song: "Siva
sankari"(jagathala prathaapan). sung by sirkaazhi.
Incidentally, this is also a darbari kaanadaa
Another one: "megame megame"(paalaivana cholai)
paaradi kanne konjam - Vallavanukku vallavan
? - one Ravichandran, jayalitha starrer. Movie
name is something like "bagthath perazhagi"
is there one in Vaanambaadi?
- From: Kanchana (@ ww-td61.proxy.aol.com)
on: Sat Aug 23 10:46:10 EDT 1997
Is "Maadhamoa Aavani Mangayoa Maargazhi" from U.Ullae Vaa based on some Hindustani tune (even though the instrumentation is not)?
Also, the movie "Navarathiri" has a Qawali type song, I think.
- From: Pagalavan (@ batboy.cisco.com)
on: Sat Aug 23 12:25:01 EDT 1997
"yaaradi vandhaar.." in vaanambaadi has some Quwali type interludes..I guess.
There is another in "uththaman" song that refers to "anaarkali" etc is also some hindustani type.
I have also read somewhere that "unnaiththaan naan aRivEn.." (in paada kaNikkai) is based on hindustani too. ???
- From: Rajaraman (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Sun Aug 24 21:06:19 EDT 1997
One more qawaali,
Maathaadu maathaadu mallige.. :-)
- From: kumar (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Mon Aug 25 01:51:08 EDT 1997
IR composed songs in 'Sadhanai'
- From: Bhaskar (@ dutyfree.proxy.lucent.com)
on: Mon Aug 25 15:56:40 EDT 1997
I believe these songs are based on some carnatic
ragams. But I don't have any knowledge about
carnatic music, but when they are used to compose
film music I really like them a lot.
Can someone fillup the ragams ??
1. Yendhan Nenjil Neengadha - Kalaigan
2. Aghaya vennilave - Araangetra Velai
3. Ninnu Kori Varnam - Agni Natchatthiram
4. Idhalil Kadhai Yezhudhum - UM Thambi
5. Valayosai kalakala - Satya
6. Yedu Sugam Sugam - VandiCholaiChinnarasu
7. Yenveetu thotathil - Gentleman
8. Mannil Indha Kadhal - Keladi Kanmani
9. Kaadhal Kavidaigal - Gopura Vasalile
10. Ohm Namaha - Idhayathai Thirdathe
- From: saketh (@ chem-pc-44.rutgers.edu)
on: Mon Aug 25 16:32:26 EDT 1997
song - ragam
1.Yendhan nenjil neengadha - "nalinakaanthi" ragam
2.aghaya vennilave - Darbar kaanada
3. ninnu kori varnam - mohanam
4.idhazil kadhai vezhudum - lalitha
5. valayosai kaladala - sindhu bairavi ragam
7. yenveetu thotathil - neelambari (senchuruti?)
10. ohm namaha - hamsanaadam
can anyone tell the ragas of other songs asked for.
- From: krishnan (@ uswgmn3.uswest.com)
on: Mon Aug 25 19:02:36 EDT 1997
yedu sugam - dharmavati
- From: aruLarasan (@ psiphi.umsl.edu)
on: Mon Aug 25 19:49:38 EDT 1997
envIttuth thOttaththil - senchurutti
- From: Rajaraman (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Mon Aug 25 22:06:43 EDT 1997
Bhaskar & others
Pl don't digress. If you want to know ragas
for songs, start a new topic.
- From: Udhaya (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri Jun 26 15:10:29 EDT 1998
"aadaludan paadalai kaettu"-- Bhangra
"thulluvathoa ilamai"-- Spanish
"thaedinaen vandhadhu" -- 60's style Italian pop music (maybe it's called Bohemian or Gypsy, I'm not sure)
"pattathu raani" -- Middle Eastern
"thillaana thillaana" -- Island or Beach Music
"hello Mr. Ethikatchi" -- Bebop Jazz
"vennilaa vennilaa vennilaavae" -- pre-Bebop Jazz
"rum bum bum aarambam" -- mixture of 50s rockn'roll with shades of Swing era Jazz
"hum he aggilae" (from "Nandu",forgive the pronunciation)-- Hindusthani or Ghazal?
"naan sirithaal deepaavali" -- Hindusthani or Ghazal?
- From: Bharat (@ isdbsd1-inet.ci.mil.wi.us)
on: Fri Jun 26 16:37:01 EDT 1998
1. Dilbar Jaane (Kalaignan): Garba/Dandiya type folk structure.
2. July Maadham Vandhaal (Pudhiya Mugam): Flamenco
- From: badri raghavan (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Sat Jun 27 00:24:12 EDT 1998
there is a wealth of information on carnatic music based tfm songs in a permanent thread. let us not duplicate our efforts on this. i also recall a similar thread on tfm categories.
i think we can post qawalli type of songs in this thread and discuss the others in their respective threads
- From: mannAru (@ ns.arraycomm.com)
on: Mon Jun 29 22:34:38 EDT 1998
Some more songs in Carnatic style:
* "AdAdha manamum undO" from mannAdhi mannan
* "yEri karaiyim mElE poRavale pen mayile"
* "AhA inba nilAvinilE" from mAyA bazAr
* "mullai malar mElE" from uttama puthiran
* "Thirumagal un mugam kAna vEndum" from Veera
* "amma vendRialikkAdha uyir illayE" from mannan
* "nee oRu kAdhak sangeetham" from nAyagan
* "yEzhu swarangalukkul ethanai" from apoorva rAhangal.
* "nAn pAda varuvai thamizhe" from udhiri pookal
- From: Arun Prakash (@ 2cust46.tnt2.det1.da.uu.net)
on: Wed Jul 1 22:47:19 EDT 1998
and the fifth Category is Illayaraaja.
- From: Akhila (@ )
on: Fri Jul 20 13:15:16 EDT 2001
Help me out.......
Is there any film song in the ragam Rasikapriya..natabhairavi janyam..?
- From: LV (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Sat Jul 21 01:58:27 EDT 2001
ghazal like tunes wanted??? Shankar Ganesh songs like 'meghame meghame' and the ones from nenjamellam nelle.
- From: MS (@ ch-1317.che.sc.edu)
on: Sat Jul 21 02:11:15 EDT 2001
Ghazal like tunes:
(1) meghame meghame
(2) yaaradhu sollaamal nenjaLLip pOvadhu ( awesome song)
(3) indhap pachchaikuzandhaikkoru sevvandhi poovai
(4) mazaiyum neeyE (kind of) - azagan
(5) ennuLLil engO yEngum geetham
(6) a song from naNdu
- From: Suman (@ )
on: Mon Mar 3 14:47:19 EST 2003
could anyone mail me the lyrics of VALAYOSAI KALA KALA from the movie "SATYA" sung by SPB and LATA M.
coz i like this song very very much. I would be grateful to the person generous heart who would send me these lyrics to my email id. email@example.com
- From: mythila (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Mon Mar 3 15:41:59 EST 2003
Sangeethame en jeevane sung by SJ from film KovilPura is Rasikapriya raaga.
Mathaapoovu oru penna agatha - sung by Chitra is also a kawalish type of song from MMKamarajan
Siru kootile ulla kilikku oru nooru aasai - sung by Chitra , film?? MD: IR (kalyani raaga based) is another Quawali number.
- From: bhoomija (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Wed Mar 5 16:47:00 EST 2003
In CARNATIC STYLE;
1. All songs in Ambikapathi film
2. Isai kettal puvi asaindadum set in Kalyani ragaa
3. most songs from Thiruvilaiyadal
4. Nadamennum koyilile in Sri ranjani from moham muppadu varusham
5. sugamana ragangale from mirudanga chakravarthy
- From: Krishnan (@ )
on: Sun Dec 19 09:43:27 EST 2004
Can i have the script of "Isai kettal puvi asaindadum" in my mail. I have given the mailing address here. thanks
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum