Guys let us create a big list where it clearly says what is the song name, film name in tamil and hindi and the corresponding music directors. If the music director is the name ignore it.
Topic started by Arun (@ 1cust251.tnt7.bos2.da.uu.net) on Sun Nov 2 18:43:09 EST 1997.
All times in EDT/EST +9:30/10:30 for IST.
- From: arun (@ 1cust251.tnt7.bos2.da.uu.net)
on: Sun Nov 2 18:46:57 EST 1997
Tamil Song name - rakkama kaiya thattu - thalapathi - IR
Hindi song name thu thu thara , anand milind
Tamil song name - Kondai cheval neram, yenga chinna rasa, sankar ganesh
Hindi song , Koyal ki , beta , anand milind
telugu song name '?????' , jaga thega verudu...., IR
Hindi song 'dak dak karne laga', beta , anand milind
- From: pedestrian (@ cheg35-filter.che.umr.edu)
on: Mon Nov 3 03:59:06 EST 1997
Some additions - Song/Film/MD from Song/film/MD
1) Tap, tap, tap, tapori / Baaghi (happens to be the debut film of Nagma in Hindi) / Anand-Milind from Raja, Rajadhirajan indah raja / Agni Natchatiram / IR (atleast the initial part of the song is a direct lift)
2) Chandni raat hai, tum mere saath ho / Baaghi / Anand-Milind from Keladi Kanmani kadalan sangathi / Pudhu Pudhu Arthangal / IR (initail part of song is a direct lift)
3) Roop suhana lagtha hai, chand purana lagtha hai/ The Gentleman / Anu Malik from Ottagathai Kattiko / Gentleman / IR
4) Chik Buk rail hai / The gentleman / Anu Malik from Chik buk raila / Gentleman / ARR
5) Koyal si teri Boli / Beta / Anand-Milind from
Kondai Cheval koovum neram / Yenga chinna Rasa / Shankar Ganesh
6) Payali chun mun chun mun / Virasat / Anu malik from Inju Idupu Alaga / Thevar Magan / IR
7) O'janeman chehra thera jadoo / Raghuveer / Rajesh Roshan from Mukala Mukabla / Gentleman / ARR
8) Boli Bali ladki, kol there dil ki, pyarwali kidki / Sabse Bada Khiladi / ??? from Bodhay yeri pochu, budhi mari pochu, sutrum boomi enakey sondhamagi pochu / (*ing Arjun
and most probably from 'Jai Hind') / ??? ( would not be surprised if it is Deva as I'm afraid the tamil song is lifted from a Punjabi Bhagra song)
9)Neele neele ambar pe, chand jab aaye, pyar barsaye, humko tarsaye / Kalakar / Kalyanji-Anandji from Ilaya Nila Pozhigirudhu, Idhayam varai / Payanangal Mudividillai / IR
10) O'piya piya / Dil / Anand-Milind from O' Priya
Priya / Idhayathai Thirudathae / IR
11) Gavah hai, chand thare gavah hai, there mere milan ke, apne deewanapan ke / Damini / Rajesh Roshan from a malayalam movie.
Some oldies - (maybe copied from Hindi to Tamil)
- sau baar janam lenge / Usttadon ke Ustaad / Ravi from/to Orayiram parvayaile, un parvaiyai naan arivan / ?? / ??
- Sal Saal Pehle, mujhe tumse pyar tha, aaj bhi hai aur kal bhi rahega /??/?? from/to Manamennum medai mele, kuyil ondru padudhu /??/??
- From: pg (@ client-116-13.bellatlantic.net)
on: Mon Nov 3 07:33:41 EST 1997
To pedestrian :
The last two songs you mentioned were copied from Hindi to Tamil by another copy master VEdA (Anybody notice any similarity).
- From: Sujatha#1 (@ colgw.bcbs-ga.com)
on: Mon Nov 3 13:29:27 EST 1997
Of Course, VEdA. Interchange the letters V and D
Am I correct? :))))
- From: Ravi (@ greed.cs.umass.edu)
on: Mon Nov 3 14:06:01 EST 1997
I feel that we should exclude songs that were copied from the tamil original to the hindi remakes.. like gentle man and koyal jaisi boli. After all ARR was credited in Gentleman's titles. (He was thanked. :-). The other instances however are inexcusable.
- From: Ravi (@ greed.cs.umass.edu)
on: Mon Nov 3 14:08:58 EST 1997
Oh viraasat too is a remake.
Pedestrian: 'mukkala' is from kaadhalan and not from Gentleman. Also 8 is from Jaihind. Music is by Vidyasaagar and not dEvA. You thought only dEvA copies?
BTW Sujatha #1, I think pg's Q. was rhetorical. :)
- From: Sujatha#1 (@ colgw.bcbs-ga.com)
on: Mon Nov 3 16:46:15 EST 1997
Yes, Ravi. I too liked the way PG posted the Question. Very nice. But, don't you think Veda and Deva have a interesting similarity also - in copying.
For your Q to Pedestrian : No. dEvA also copies.:)))
- From: pg (@ client-116-34.bellatlantic.net)
on: Mon Nov 3 20:48:25 EST 1997
Songs of Love were copied from Prema (Telugu). MD - IR. This movie was also dubbed in Tamil as Anbu Chinnam.
Songs of Kadalora Kavithaigal were also copied - adi AthAdi, kodiyile malliyappoo.
In both cases the culprit was Anand-Milind.
Songs of ejamAn were copied in Virasat (adi rAkkumuthu rAkku)
- From: HImanshu. (@ cuttack.cs.berkeley.edu)
on: Mon Nov 3 23:29:23 EST 1997
Tere Liye Jaanam(SUHAG, Anand-Milnd)--- copy of ARR's Roja jaaneman(ROJA) .
Tana Tandana(INSAAF, Anand-Milind) ---- copy of ARR's Kuricha KAthaala(DUET).
Mujhe Paisa Mila(LAHOO KE DO RANG,Anand-Milind)--
copy of ARR's tune.(KHIZAKU CHEEMAILAIYE).
De Taali(ARMY, Anand-Milind)---copy of ARR's old Telgu song, probably from (GANG MASTER).
- From: Sujatha#2 (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Tue Nov 4 00:43:56 EST 1997
Is this in the list?
Suniye to rukiye to
aisi kya jaldi jaane ki
deewana hoon maana
suniye deewane ki
is a copy of our 'Azhagiya laila' of Ullathai Alli Thaa!!
- From: Neeks (@ blondie.cfu-cybernet.net)
on: Tue Nov 4 17:42:56 EST 1997
Where can I hear songs like the Yes Boss and Virasaat and Beta ones in the original Tamil on the Internet?
- From: Amar (@ worf.qntm.com)
on: Wed Nov 5 16:08:33 EST 1997
Hey, did you guys know this. When "Ekh Do Theen Char Paunch" song from "Tezaab" was a big hit, Gangai Amaran spoke out in public and said that the Tezaab song was a blatant copy of IR's "Anney Anney Chippai Anney Namma Ooru Nalla Ooru Ippo Romba Kettupoachanney" of "Kozhi Koovuthu"( which was GA's movie, however ) and the hindi song was by the great Lakshmikanth Pyarelal.
When you sing the two songs, you can really hear the similarity but I haven't heard anything more on that issue. Anubody with any info on this?
- From: TRV (@ tvenkata.qualcomm.com)
on: Wed Nov 5 20:57:23 EST 1997
I feel that the similarity between "Anney Anney"
and "Ek Do Teen" is just that. I don't think
it is a case of plagiarization. I know, I know,
the first 7 notes in the two songs are identical
-- but then the Ek Do Teen number takes on a twist
which makes it sound Arabic -- a typical Laxmikant
Pyarelal turn. I don't know the truth behind the
scene ... but my surmise is that it was just
a similarity and I personally feel that GA
just hyped it up as a copy
- From: aruLarasan (@ newton.umsl.edu)
on: Thu Nov 6 10:22:41 EST 1997
There is also a story related to aNNE aNNE. Apparently, RDBurman
commented on the song that IR was at least 10 years ahead of his times.
Alas, Ek, dhO, thIn came out exactly ten years later. Isn`t it
enough for a hype?
- From: jazz (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Thu May 21 08:57:31 EDT 1998
you guys stink..........................
- From: kiran (@ )
on: Thu Dec 27 04:46:42 EST 2001
what movie is the song sau saal pehle mujhe tumse pyaar tha' is from? and who r the actor and actress which sang the song in the movie?
- From: gaanesh_su (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Mon Mar 4 04:21:37 EST 2002
can you send me the musicl notes of the song
adi athadi from kadalora kavithaigal file.
it will be a nice help if you do it.
- From: ravi (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Sat Dec 21 00:32:27 EST 2002
Check out R.K.RADIO at http://www.geocities.com/mistertoronto/rkradio.html
- From: Jai hind (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Thu Mar 11 05:47:56 EST 2004
For Tamilians, they want to show that world runs because of them. They want to lead in everything. But every one knows that Tamilians Stink, no one likes them, Bollacks to them...
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum