Topic started by Akki (@ 126.96.36.199) on Tue Jan 1 05:07:07 EST 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
As I will be translating the following Tamil lyrics, via English,
into Dutch, I need to be sure that the English translation is accurate.
Can someone comment on it, and please translate the question marks (if any)?
Thanks a lot!!
Film: Alai Payuthey
Song: Evano Oruvan
evanoa oruvan vaasikkiRaan...iruttilirundhu naan yaasikkiRaen
- someone is playing the music..., i am staying in the darkness and
listening to it
thavam poal irundhu yoasikkiRaen adhaith thavaNai muRaiyil naesikkiRaen
- i am doing meditation and thinking about it, i am loving that in
* (what's the correct word for 'instalments' here?)
kaettu kaettu naan kiRangugiRaen kaetpadhai evanoa aRiyavillai
- by listening to it, i got mesmerised, but he didn't know i am listening to
kaattu moongilin kaadhukkuLLae avan oodhum ragasiyam puRiyavillai
- in the bamboo forest, i am not able to understand his music...
pullaanguzhalae poonguzhalae neeyum naanum oru jaadhi
- oh flute, flower flute, you and me belong to same religion
* (is religion the correct word here?)
uLLae uRangum aekkaththilae unakkum enakkum sari paadhi
- oh flute, the craving in you is equal ot mine
kaNgaLai varudum thaenisaiyil en kaalam kavalai maRandhiruppaen
- with this sweet melody, i'll forget my sorrows
innisai mattum illaiyenRaal naan enRoa enRoa iRandhiruppaen
- if this melodious music was not here i would have died long back
- From: irfan (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Thu Jan 3 07:52:34 EST 2002
go to http://www.geocities.com/subashworld you'll get translations there.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum