Topic started by Theepan (@ 188.8.131.52) on Sun Jul 13 20:50:26 EDT 2003.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
What songs do you consider to have the best melodies of all time in TFM.
One that stands out for me is "Thenpandi seemaiyilae" from Nayakan (ilayarajah)
any other suggestions!
- From: A Vijayaragavan (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Sun Jul 13 22:19:04 EDT 2003
A duet sung by G Ramanathan and T V Ratnam in "Ponmudi" starting 'Aaruyire...'is certainly up there among the best.
- From: melody (@ )
on: Sat Jul 26 20:58:40 EDT 2003
1) Rukkumani Rukkumani from Roja
2) Odakaara Maarimuthu from Indra
3) Akadannu Nanga from Indian
4) Boys-Bhoom Bhoom chakka
5) Parasurram –Jack and Jill ( No1 melody of the year!!!).
6) Mudalvan-Muthal vanne vanne
7) Petta Rap from Kaadalan
8) All Padayappa songs. Particularly kick eruthe song.
9) Nee siricha deewana from Bombay
10) Hello mr EthirKatchi
11) Alli Arjuna-Osakamuraya
12) BABA- Sakthi kodu
13) Iruvar-Vitttu thalllai vitttu thalllai.
14) Shakalaka baby
15) ooo la la la
16) Aadiparu Mangatha from May maatham
17) Palakadu machanukku from May maatham again
18) Duet –Kathirikka gundu kathirikka
19) Kadalvirus - Bailamoore
20) Lovebirds - Samba Ole, Noproblem.
21) Muthu - Vidukadiya
22) Parthale paravasam - Manmada mada mada mada mada madam.
23) Udaya- Anjanam
- From: sharad (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Sun Jul 27 05:11:29 EDT 2003
ale ale frm boys best melody ever
- From: mf (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Sun Jul 27 12:24:59 EDT 2003
nenjodu from kadhal kondein is best melody ever
- From: Musio (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Wed Jul 30 10:53:39 EDT 2003
Melody is a word Synonimus with IR.
He has given some of the beautiful melodies.
My Best Pick of IR Songs
1. Metti Oli Kattrodu...
2. Rari Rakkili Padi ... (Malayalam)
3. Malai Oram veesum Kattru
4. En Vaniley Ore Vennila...
5. Kodiyiley Malligai poo...
6. Ore Naal Unnai Nan...
7. Ninnai Charan Adaithen, Kannamma...
8. Kadhal Oviyum Paadum Kaviyum...
9. Thendral Vandhu Theendum Bothu...
10. Povama Oorkolam...
In fact all his Malayam hits are so melodious, I wonder why these have never been remixed in Tamil.
ARR Melody Music normally has a slow rhythm beat and the Style is quite different, and it is difficult to compare with that of IR's.
- From: Music4ever (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Wed Jul 30 11:24:12 EDT 2003
I love the following MSV songs (call them melodies or whatever):
1) Iravu paadagan oruvan vandhaan (very beautiful song)
2) Ilakkanam maarudho ilakkiyam aanadho (I call this tune "analytic", not necessarily melodic; fast paced and appealing to the intellect rather than feelings)
3) Kamban yEmaandhan (another "analytic" type)
4) NinaivalE silai seidhu unakkaga veippEn (melody)
5) Andhamaan-ai paarungaL azhagu (melody)
6) Unakenna mElE nindrai O Nandha-laala (melody)
7) Sippi irukkudhu muthum irukkudhu (lovely tune)
8) Nee varuvaai ena naan irundhEn (melody)
9) Gouri manogariyai kandEn (melody of classical type)
10) Raagangal padhinaaru (melody of classical type)
and many many more. It is difficult to pick the best melody of all time. All of MSV, KVM, IR, ARR and several doyens before them have given lovely melodies. Each song captures some aspect that seems to be unique.
I love the song OrEy naaL unai naan nilavil paarthadhu ulaavum un ilamaidhan ooooonjalaaaadhu. Music by IR. A lovely song that transcends time (kaalathirkkum azhiyaadhadhu).
- From: Prashanth (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Thu Jul 31 14:33:49 EDT 2003
The best ever melodies in Telugu in my listing are:
1. Raasa leela vaela...raayabaaramaela (Adhitya 369)
2. Swathi Muthyamaala (Chinnaraayudu)
3. Rangulalo kalavo (Abhinandhana)
4. Cheekatanti Chinnadhaani siggu sundharam (Stewartpuram police station)
5. Madhura Murali Hrudhaya Ravali (Oka Radha Idhdharu Krishnulu)
- From: Jag (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Thu Jul 31 15:12:54 EDT 2003
TFM lovers can find all the previous posted songs in the respective tamil versions:
1. Aditya 369 == Apoorva Shakti 369
2. Chinnaraayudu == Chinna kounder
3. Abhinandana== Kaadhal Geetham(I am not sure)
4th one probably not dubbed
5. Oka Radha Iddharu Krishnulu== Hare Radha Hare Krishna(I am not sure)
- From: Jag (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Thu Jul 31 15:14:48 EDT 2003
BTW Abhinandana is one of the greatest albums of all time in Indian film history. The songs are musically and lyrically excellent.
- From: Comparison Man (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Thu Jul 31 17:03:25 EDT 2003
It is not possible to tell even the best 100 melodies of all time. Thre are infinite compositions everywhere. but, for the sake of it Say, Say, Say by McCartney Jackson could be all time best melody.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum