Topic started by Prakash (@ 220.127.116.11) on Thu Aug 10 18:09:36 EDT 2000.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
I am a HCIRF. although many of us are IR fans
we must all have been impressed by atleast one song of arr.similarly arr fans must have been definitely been ir`s fans -I am definitely impressed with Kandukondain...I liked it so much that this has been my first ARR`s cd i have purchased.Why dont we share the songs which have impressed us despite being on opposite sides?
My favorite nos are:
netru illadha matram
Long live the King!
- From: prakash (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Thu Aug 10 18:11:05 EDT 2000
and same goes for arr fans-come out with your favorite IR nos
- From: vimal (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Thu Aug 10 18:19:51 EDT 2000
I like ARR's 'Putham' from Thiruda Thiruda, 'Pakkadhe' from Gentleman, and 'Kadhalikkum Pennin' from Kadhalan, and thats it. Apart from these songs, I think ARR is no big deal. I personally feel there is a void in TFM at present. Ada Cha.....nothing interesting to look for in India...lost interest in Cricket and now TF and TFM are as stale as can be...
My only solace is the meaningful song 'Ek tho theenuda...'
- From: Theva (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Aug 14 13:21:27 EDT 2000
Hi .. I"m a ARR fan ..
My favourite songs from IR are the songs from Thalapathi and Sundari Neeyum Sundaran Naanum .. wonderful. I especially like the part in Adi Rakkamma kaiye tattu .. the beginnin' w/ the spanish type of music. Really awesome!!
- From: b.s.raj (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Tue Aug 15 15:37:24 EDT 2000
i'm IR fan
my fav ARR no are
enge enadhu kavidhai from KK
MINNALE FROM MAY MADHAM
pooongatrile from uyire
soul stirring no
no match to IR NO'S LIKE
CAN'T LIST OUT
- From: Arun (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Fri Aug 18 03:56:03 EDT 2000
I'm a Hard core IR fan. I like a Few ARR songs. My favorite is Kadhal Roojaavee from roja.
More than 1000 songs of IR really nourishes my ears and mind. For me Their is no need to listen to Songs of new one, as most of the recent one's are artificial.
IR is ever GREAT.
- From: darul (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Fri Aug 18 04:12:39 EDT 2000
There are ARR'songs...
I like Nethu Illatha Matram and Pennalla Pennalla
Ottha POO....thats IT!
Else I find there is no need for me to search for
something..special..sinceI feel IR has given me more than the required variety to hear with!
- From: cram (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri Aug 18 04:51:14 EDT 2000
being a HCIRF, i have so much to choose from that there's no need to look elsewhere. yet, Minnale, Veerapandi Kottaiyile, Kaathal Sadugudu have a special place in my ears.
- From: Jee (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Fri Aug 18 05:28:25 EDT 2000
In all other threads, fight is going on. But here, all IR & ARR fans forget their differences in opinion. Nice thread !!
Idhu pOla ellA thread-um irundhAl evvaLavu nallA irukkum ?!!!
I am a HCIRF. Still I like some of ARR songs.
En kAthalE - Duet
Mettu pOdu - Duet
KAdhal rOjave - Roja
Anbe - Kadhal dEsam
minnalE - May madham
Ofcourse, all songs rendered by SPB. I love listening to SPB
- From: Arasu Dakshin (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Fri Aug 18 12:46:58 EDT 2000
I have been a IR fan for the past 23 years and will be one forever. However, here are some ARR songs I think are brilliant :
- Pudhu Vellai Mazhai (Roja)
- Netru Illatha MAtrum
- KannAlane (Bombay)
- Mudhal Murai Killi PArthen (Sangamam)
- Mettupodu (Duet)
- Ennai Kanavilai Netrodu (Kadhal Desam)
These songs are good, whether you like or hate ARR !
- From: jdd (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Fri Aug 18 13:47:35 EDT 2000
Some ARR songs that sound good to me after all these years:
Narumugaiye - Iruvar
Pudhu Vellai, Kaadhal Rojave - Roja
Kannalane - Bombay
Ennavale, Kadhalikkum - Kaadhalan
Margazhi poove - May madham
Anjali, Mettu podu - Duet
Malargale - Love birds
Oru naal, Sakiye - Anthimantharai
Porale - Karuthammaa
Ottagathai - Gentleman
Nila kaigiradhu - Indira
Anbe - Jeans
Varaga, Margazhi - Sangamam
Velli malare - Jodi
Vennilave, Manamadurai - Minsara Kanavu
Kangalil enna - Uzhavan
Minsara poove - Padaiyappa
Kuluvalile - Muthu
Engey enadhu, Sandhana thendralai - KKKK
Snehidhane - Alaipayudhey
Azhagana - Mudhalvan
Niagara - En Swasa Kaatre
Kaadhalenum - Kaadhalar Dhinam
Ai Ajnabi - Dil Se
Pyari ye - Rangeela
Ramta jogi - Taal
Rang de - Thakshak
oops, that got pretty long ...
Of course, Ilaiyaraja has more good songs in his 25 yrs
- From: s arun (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Fri Aug 18 17:52:06 EDT 2000
Though I am devoted to IR's music, Once in a while I have written in the threads(esp. IR vs ARR) pointing out the uselessness of mutual mud-slingings by IR and ARR fans(and it didn't take me long to realize the uselessness of my concern). People generally ignored comments from anyone like me.
Indeed,I am pleased to see this thread on the tfmpage. Though ARR is by no means anywhere near the genius and class of IR, he's still an excellent music maker. I do appreciate and like a lot of ARR songs many of which have been listed above by others.
I think every IR fan like me needs to be reminded that ARR is a hardworking guy with a good basic knowledge in music making.
- From: Ganga (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Fri Aug 18 19:33:04 EDT 2000
But what about us guys who are all hard core SM SUBBIAH NAIDU fans?
- From: savukkadi singaram (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Mon Aug 21 22:43:23 EDT 2000
Indha Thread ipadiye poyikkittu irundha interesting-aa irukkadhu. Indha
maadhiri oru twist kodutha?????
Ennakku pudikkadha Raghuman paadalgal:
1. Parrotta Parotta - Vandicholai Chinna Rasu (Sahikka Villai)
2. Kathirikka Kathirikka - Duet (Paattu, Tune ellam padu mattam,
Ragumanin chinnai pillaitham appadiye theriyudhu)
3. Sambo Sambo - Pudhiya Mugam (Bakthi paadal paadattuma endru ambalai
kuralil paadum podhu ayyo...)
4. Shakalakka Baby Shakalakka Baby - Mudhalvan (Idhellam oru paatta?
Indha pattai ketkumbodhu Chinni Jayanthin
Kirubanandha vaariyaar mimikri thaan gnabagathukku varudhu.
Adhavadhu.. Shakalaka baby, Shakalaka baby!!!
Sakalamum arindha babygal iruvar, Oru baby Valli oru baby Deivanai ...
it goes like that)
5. Jimbalakkadi Jimbalakkadi - En Swasa Kaatre (Ennamo Kalakodumai
6. Vidukadhaiya - Muthu (Yen yaa Rajini padathula indha maadhiri oru
7. Vaazhkaiyil Ayiram - Padaiyappa (Idhu vandhu oru thathuva paattam.
Paaduvadharkku oru murai vendam? Thadai
kallappaa.... endru izhukkumbothu vaandhiye vandhu vidugiradhu)
8. Manamadhurai Mamara kilaiyile - Minsara Kanavu (Paattukku naduvile
Scale-i maathina podhum indha maadhiri oru
urupadiyilladha paattukku award koduthiruvaanga..)
9. Hello Mr.Ethir Katchi - Iruvar (yaruyaa andha pombalai? kuralum paattum
10. Samba Samba - Mr.Romeo (Ayyo Ayyo Ayyo..... Karumamda Saami)
11. Haira Haira Hairabba - Jeans ( mudhal variyai mattum eduthu vittal
parava illadha paattu thaan.)
12. Ponnatha Poovatha - Uzhavan (Raghumanukku yempa IR madhiri "ponna pola
aatha" madhiri pattellam podanamnu
13. Paalakkattu Machanukku - May Madham (Andha Chinna payyan Thondaiya
14. Akkadannu Naanga - Indian (Indha paatta nooru thadava kettadhan enna
15. Konjam Nilavu - Thiruda Thiruda (periya english paattunnu ninaippu)
16. Rukkumani Rukkumani - Roja (Horrible Chorus)
17. Sakkarai Vahamo - En Swasa Kaatre (Indha maadhri puriyadha thamizhil
paattu pottal appadiye romba usarathukku
thookittu poiduvaangannu ninaippu pola)
Anne Anne, appadiye kodhichu poyiradheenga,
Idho enakkum pudicha paadalgal:
1. En Kadhale - Duet (Paattu mudinjadhukku appuramum appadiye utkara
2. Anjali Anjali - Duet (Tune Inimaiya, Lyrics Inimaiya alladhu SPB Kural
Inimaiya endru patti mandram vaikkalaam)
3. Netru Illadha Maatram - Pudhiya Mugam (Orchestration, Interludes, Tune
4. Thendrale Thendrale - Kadhal Desam (Appadiye Thalatti Thoonga Vaithu
5. Oh Vennila Iru Vaanila - Kadhal Desam (Yappa indha maadhiri oru chorus
violin piece-i endha IR paattileyum kettadhillai).
6. Ennai Kanavillaiye Netrodu - (Fast Tempo)
7. Putham Pudhu Boomi Vendum - Thiruda Thiruda (IR style Raguman Song)
8. Romeo Aattam Pottal - Mr.Romeo (Kudhirai Ottura madhiri oru rythm
amaithu motha paattaiyum continue panni irupadhu
super. Aanal ULLALLE ULLALLE thaan Dhrishti pottu.)
- From: . (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Tue Aug 22 21:41:04 EDT 2000
- From: N (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Wed Aug 23 03:43:47 EDT 2000
SAVAUKKU...NALLA SONINGA VATHYARE!UNGA POSTINGLE ENAKKU PUDIKKATHATHU ETHUVUME ELLA! ELLAM DHUUUULLLL.... NALLAYERU NAINA!
- From: Oorkavalan (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Wed Aug 23 20:59:13 EDT 2000
superma, superu. Em manasile pattadha appadiye puttu puttu vachitte.
- From: thiruda katruKINGO (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Wed Aug 23 22:36:23 EDT 2000
Ennai KAnaVILYEEH NEHtrodhhu from Kadhal Desam
was initiated from the interlude
"nAanga beggy pant-tedhan poodHAkA, neengE vetti-heythaAn theyDUvingga"
from the song ChikuBukku Railu (GENTLEMAN movie).
- From: vijay (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Wed Aug 23 23:12:40 EDT 2000
Absolutely no similiarity except for a small resemblance in sandham.
- From: eden (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Thu Aug 24 00:37:47 EDT 2000
IMO, that song is inspired from Biddu's `Made in India' (Alisha)...(of course with some deliberate note changes)...compare `amEricA' with `anbE'...
- From: dasher (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Thu Aug 24 04:26:08 EDT 2000
please visit for the latest clash ....of ARR
- From: GV (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Thu Aug 24 05:31:30 EDT 2000
I am fan of the great music whiz-kid A R Raman
The songs which he composes are exordinary from others and there is no music can beat his music now a days.
- From: Venkatesh (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Sat Aug 26 04:27:38 EDT 2000
How IR is compared to ARR? Pls see at:
Do you agree?
- From: tamilfm (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Thu Aug 31 20:18:08 EDT 2000
I like both IR's and ARR's music.
mayil pola - bharathy
nathiye - rhythm
nirpathuve - bharathy
kaatre en - rhythm
ninnai - bharathy
thaniye - rhythm
- From: Subbu (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Fri Sep 1 05:29:49 EDT 2000
In the article you have given above, the various milestones in both IR/ARR careers are compared. There is a strange similarity also.
But think about the talent and tune / richness of composition / speed etc. My vote goes for IR.
At the same time, in bringing the mixing and recording quality in TFM to world level, ARR has scored over IR.
- From: Vijay (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri Sep 1 17:05:38 EDT 2000
Subbu has said what everyone has been trying to say - ARR is better than IR because he uses better sound recording and mixing and all that, but richness of composition - IR is better when it comes to that. Well said, Subbu.
- From: remya babu (@ )
on: Tue Apr 10 08:41:03 EDT 2001
wonderful performance of A R ANNAI
- From: cosmician (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Sun Apr 15 01:40:17 EDT 2001
What IR has achieved in "complexity"...ARR has achieved with "simplicity"....showing that music is an universal language that can be spoken by synthesized instruments as well as real instruments provided one puts boldness, genius and magic to it.
By complexity i mean..the richness people have spoken about...lots of instrumentation etc. but well combined......
Once we get used to living in a crowded city for too long we start longing for open spaces and fresh air....ARR brought that back into TFM with the simplicity of his arrangements....
- From: kiru (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Apr 16 00:07:18 EDT 2001
It's not that we were living in a crowded city. Lots of IR songs were very simple..Its just that we were getting used to him :) And ARR is not bad either :)
- From: cosmician (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Sat Apr 21 06:49:57 EDT 2001
Point taken Kiru :-)
- From: Sridhar Raman (@ )
on: Mon Apr 30 14:40:06 EDT 2001
I am a Die-Hard ARR Fan. The songs of IR which I absolutely adore are:
Then pandi thee
But after ARR's entry, I really dont feel like listening to IR anymore. Of course, if any of the songs mentioned above comes, I cant contain myself.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum