Topic started by Indhu (@ 22.214.171.124) on Sat Dec 1 22:44:28 EST 2001.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
This is my question....Udit Narayan, Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam, Kavitha Krishnamurti,Sonu Nigam - All sing in Tamil. But their Tamil is really very bad. Are Tamils deaf, tolerant, or have no PERUMAI in their own language? Is there really a shortage of good, tamil-speaking singers? Or is this really Tamil Inferiority Complex?
- Old responses
- From: thesampleoldjoblessguy (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Fri Dec 14 10:11:59 EST 2001
the talk continues...
who shall we blame for ignoring all the tamil singers?
one thing I know is sasirekha use to sing for MSV on stages. Uma was also a popular stage singer, So was T.K.Kala or S.N.Surender or Deepan Chakaravarthy
-- do we see a trend here, if you sing on stage for various bands you have a possiblity to be ignored.? or who knows, they took the stage because Studio did not welcome them for some reason,
Getting a break in tamil film is not easy,
this is not hollywood where talent is treated as talent., where us in Kollywood people try to convert talent to currency, so who ever has a good convertion rate, they are used right away.
How to get good conversion rate for you talent ?
a million $$$$ question.
as of today, Ability to convert talent to money,
from a producers point of view:
People with good converstion rates and with good amount of talent, they are expensive, at times time consuming but if you use them you are bound to make money.
eg: Super*, Arr,HariHaran,VM, Bala, Shanker
The people who dont have good converstion rate as of today, inspite of extraordinary talent, you have 100% possibility to get a good product but might not make money -- Kamal, Ilayaraja .
Any artist in tamil film industry fall in this 2 category, talent comes somewhere in 4th or 5th in the order..
Indu, you are getting too senti (see the usage of english), :)
- From: Trend is jobless too (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Fri Dec 14 12:07:22 EST 2001
You have classified artists into two categories.
How do you ascertain that people in 1st category does not have extraordinary talent?
To me, it looks like people in the 1st category channelize their efforts and also restrain themselves(underplay) appropriately according to the situation.Probably they are aware what they exactly need to do and do just that(there are always exceptions to anything).
For example,I think Shankar has demonstrated his ability to be a good storyteller inspite of his "Masala ingredients" which means creatively he might do as good a job even without "spices".Unlike Kamal,people in the 1st category don't need to satisfy their "creative" ego in order to be counted as good performers.
- From: Trend (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Fri Dec 14 12:09:04 EST 2001
Good performers should read performers of extraordinary talent.
- From: Fliflo (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Fri Dec 14 13:56:17 EST 2001
Don't make it as JGF (Jobless Guys Forum). I do not understand what u guys mean "Jobless". Are you out of Job? or out of work. In that case, who and how they pay you? My bio may fit there too..;-))
- From: suresh (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri Dec 14 14:09:52 EST 2001
Sasirekha is a Kannadiga, FYI. She didn't seem too bitter, said she was happy to be doing a lot of live shows and having the opportunity to travel worldwide. She said that she was honoured to have sung some of IRs best songs
Some things that she said interested me
1) She said that the recent practice of singing in tracks has made the job a lot easier for the current singers, as it removes the tension and discipline required for live recording. She said that it was a trial by fire during the olden days, and today it was possible that someone with the right contact or a media opportunity could be catapulted to playback singing in no time
2) When a caller asked her why after "manoothu manthaiyile" (kizhakku cheemayile) ARR hadn't given her an opportunity, she said that she wasn't aggressive enough to do the rounds of his studio often and be spotted by him. Coming from a senior artiste, I thought it was a bit sad
3) She said that MSV and IR made her sing exactly the way they had planned it, so she was very conscious of sticking to the set course. It was a bit more freer with others such as SG & Deva; ARR told her to sing normally and said that he would sort out any minor issues later, since anyway it was only track recording
- From: Trend (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Fri Dec 14 14:48:39 EST 2001
In my case, Jobless means "don't feel like doing productive work and hence ready for "jobless" exchanges.":-)
- From: Bharath (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Fri Dec 14 15:55:31 EST 2001
same old jobless guy,
well.... i agree this forum and participation in it does not improve or qualifications or resume a lot. but not all we do HAS to be of that nature(impr. resume types).
participation naturally means participation in spare time or for relaxation...
by categorizing all participants as jobless, however inane or trivial the discussion might be, is incorrect. as they may actually be busy people who are taking some minutes off on a hobby or web arattai!
its like saying "i'm not doing any work' on a sunday while u are sleeping in the afternoon. well..thats the whole point of sunday and sleep isnt it?
- From: thesameoldjoblessguy_becomes_perfect_aruvai (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Fri Dec 14 18:15:36 EST 2001
bharath, I am jobless, thats why i am posting here. if you are feeling guilty of being jobless I cannot help it. ..
"By categorizing all participants as jobless",
I did not say all participants are jobless,
I dont waste my time by commenting on the favourite activity of "professionals" like you.
so you are wrong in your statements. Please dont twist statements.
now i am going to comment:
...70% of the discussion here in the past 365 days is devoted to trashing Ilayaraja or Arr or any one we dont like. IMHO, This is an (inter)national waste. Only jobless people do this, that includes me.
Today I wasted 20 mins talking to Bharath , who is going /* to answer me soon in this format */ , now I take the pride to have wasted quality time of a produtive person like Bharath - in inviting him to respond to the posting of this so called jobless guy. this factor multiplies across different people, This is the fact, Poruma :)
- From: Bharath (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Fri Dec 14 19:14:04 EST 2001
well since according to you we all are jobless (thats what u are saying) and its so obvious then why "waste quality time" by repeating it over and over again!
are you trying to enlighten us of something we dont know already ? :-)
I know I am here to waste time. So in effect you say u dont have a point but are stating obvious facts.. like wednesday comes after tuesday etc...
which is fine...
well you have confessed that you are jobless so you ARE a jobless person. whereas i do have other important things(read as jobs) in life to do besides tfm and tfm occupies very little of my time.
so why think everyone is like you?
we are not. so why this pointless confession that you are jobless!
- From: Fliflo (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Fri Dec 14 21:39:04 EST 2001
thesameoldjoblessguy_becomes_perfect_aruvai (@ 18.104.22.168)
ithukku innoru per thamile irukku ennannu theriyuma...?? Neeye yosi!
- From: thesameoldjoblessguy_becomes_perfect_fliflo (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Fri Dec 14 23:00:48 EST 2001
bharath...nice to know you have important job, . just understand one thing, i did not interfere in your day to day postings in a personal way, you dragged me in to personal verbal attacks, simply your gulity of wasting your time here,
now..understand one thing... using a name called jobless" is nothing when we are forced to read your points less brab or cacophony here for the past 6 months.
fliflo, yes.. I know it, for the sake of world here is the translation hesameoldjoblessguy_becomes_perfect_aruvai translates to "fliflo"
(btw: usually we dont call unknown person in single, you dont seem to know it.)
- From: Fliflo (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Sat Dec 15 08:25:57 EST 2001
1. thanks for you being me. See my "Power of Influence"..hehehhe
2. You don't seem to understand to differentiate between tamil and other languages. Just spend few seconds in reading my above post. That sounds logical coz u r the person who translated "vilakkennai to lamp oil" ok..ok..
3. If you really want a that sort of fight here let's start from now. Unlike you, I don't find that much time to come here nowadays..but if you wish then let's be on it.but considering other people who visit the forum, go ahead and suggest me a different place where you we can have that. that suggests whether you are fliflo or not..definitely you can not be..;-)))
4. usually we dont call unknown person in single, you dont seem to know it.
Well I don't think you need that.
- From: Neel D (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Sat Dec 15 09:47:19 EST 2001
Thanks for the correction. What I actually meant was that Sasirekha was a local talent.
(What is happening to this thread?)
- From: Fliflo (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Sat Dec 15 10:38:39 EST 2001
Keep going ya.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum