Topic started by rs (@ 188.8.131.52) on Fri May 14 00:20:50 EDT 2004.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
Is there any other films where Ilaiyaraja had worked with A.R.Rahman ( a.k.a Dilip at that time) other than Punnagai mannan
also i have heard , that the punnagai mannan theme song (thana nana naa na na na........ ) was composed by A.R.Rahman .......... how true is this ?
- From: Srivatsan (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Fri May 14 00:36:59 EDT 2004
Composed by IlAyaraja, played on the keyboard by ARR - is what I've heard
- From: Raja (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Fri May 14 01:50:02 EDT 2004
Composer was IR and executer was ARR
- From: Bottle Mani (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri May 14 01:53:06 EDT 2004
poachu...konja naala sandai illama irundadhu. inniku evlo thalai uRuLa pogudho...
- From: Vj (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Fri May 14 02:08:35 EDT 2004
it would be stupidity if you call HJ as the person who composed the music for many songs for which he programmed for ARR... right? same case as above. Case closed.
- From: rs (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Fri May 14 02:45:37 EDT 2004
proof for what i told, although i dont know the authenticity of this
"also supposedly composed a few short pieces of music in Ilaiyaraja's films, a notable one being the theme music in K.Balachander's 'Punnagai Mannan'."
it is a very lengthy biodata of a.r.rahman (around 290k) so please be patient if you plan to open it
- From: (^!^) (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Fri May 14 10:35:58 EDT 2004
moththaththula inga kuppai kottura oruththanum annikku studio la irukkalai (with ARR and IR when Punnagai Mannan was made). aanaa yEdhO nErla paaththaa maadhiri post pOdaradhukku maaththiram oru payalum anja maattEngaraan! :)
- From: Kupps (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Fri May 14 10:41:22 EDT 2004
I have already told quite a few times in the same forum. In an interview, ARR himself has said that he was used only to computerise (or something like that) the musical pieces of Punnagai Mannan(just to remind you, Punnagai Mannan is the first thamizh film that had computerisation of music (whatever it means) ). I do NOT remember he even saying that he was the lead instrumentalist(KBoard player) in that movie (may be he was but he did not tell that).
There are lot of such "supposedly composed", "kOdambakkam insiders say" information like:
1) ARR composed music (the english song sung by francis lasser and/or theme music) of punnagai mannan.
2) MSV composed music for more than 1000 movies (infact recently in a malayaLam film industry felicitation for the great, they claimed that MSV has composed for nearly 2000 movies). A few websites of MSV still stay that he composed music for 1000 movies. Shri Abdul Hameed also claimed that MSV has composed for 1000 movies in a felicitation function for MSV on behalf of his famous "Raajageedham" cine songs TV competition programme's grand finale.
3) IR composed many songs during his tenure under GKV esp. the song "thaen sindhudae vaanam" (Saravanan quotes P.B.Srinivas that the tune is GKV's own kannada tune)
4) HJ composed songs for many ARR film.
None of them are true, proved and/or admitted by these MDs.
- From: piratheepan (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Fri May 14 11:58:54 EDT 2004
yes MD's admit when they have guest composers for them.for example in Boys sum bit songs are credited to pravin mani.and i believe there is one piece that was credited to ARR in Punnaghai Mannan.i read it somewhere long time ago but dont member where it was from.
- From: dinesh (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri May 14 13:39:10 EDT 2004
is the Punnagai mannan theme ( 2 mins )is by Rahman?????
btw,see what our Shankar told about rahman : Director Shankar, again a favourite with Rahman - having worked with him on on some of his earliest films like 'Gentleman' 'Kadhalan' and later 'Indian' 'Jeans', 'Mudhalvan' 'Nayak' and 'Robot', has only praises for him, "A.R.Rahman - the name speaks for itself. He knows what clicks and what does not. He composes music according to the demand of the situation. He slogs so much to see that a song is good. He does not want to give anyone in the world the chance to tell him that his compositions are bad. What I like best in Rahman is his fighting spirit and 'never say die attitude'
- From: T (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Fri May 14 14:21:17 EDT 2004
dinesh, is there anything releavant to the thread in ur posting??
- From: Dandanaka (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Fri May 14 16:37:36 EDT 2004
hahahahaha T ....exactly my thoughts
- From: rs (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Fri May 14 22:46:22 EDT 2004
atleast the first line is relevant pa
- From: ansartamil (@ )
on: Thu Oct 28 14:16:54 EDT 2004
GET THE PUNNAGAI MANNAN THEME MUSIC played BY A.R.RAHMAN at
- From: Vazhipokkan (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Thu Oct 28 15:42:47 EDT 2004
Keyboard played by ARR not composed. Do you think this would put an end to the chewing gum?
- From: Vj (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Sun Oct 31 14:38:21 EST 2004
Those who know the real truth, be silent. Let others talk.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum