Topic started by Veera Akkoor (@ 1cust82.tnt2.det1.da.uu.net) on Sun Aug 2 01:26:09 EDT 1998.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
I know IR has used Trumpets and Sax in some songs just as a follow instrument.
1.Appapa Thithikum undhan from "Jappanil kalyanaraman"
2.Ada Machan Machan from "Chinna Veedu"
3.Mandram Vantha from "Mouna Raagam"
4. Vaanam Enna Kizh irukku from "Vetri Vizha"
These are classical Trumpets or Sax pieces.
Please give your ideas about any other songs.
Of course Kadri's Sax from Anjali (that got ARR's name)
- Old responses
- From: Ravi (@ envy.cs.umass.edu)
on: Wed Aug 5 09:07:39 EDT 1998
I am doing some editing to bring this back on track. I thought we are just listing use of Sax and Trumpets.. ithula muthalla KennyG enga vanthaar? Ethaavathu ARR paattukku vaasichchu irukkaarA?
- From: Chandramouli (@ kcpxy4.att.com)
on: Wed Aug 5 10:20:17 EDT 1998
Some more songs were trumpets featured
1. Naan Aanaiyittaal - Enga veettu pillai
2. Oruvan Oruvan Mudhalali - Muthu. Opening piece , I dont know about others but I kinda like it.
3. Kelvi Pirandhadhu Andru - Pachai Villakku. Subdued pieces.
But I think the best is "Adho Andha Paravai Pola " as Srikanth had mentioned.
- From: Arvind (@ webgate0.mot.com)
on: Thu Aug 6 00:23:28 EDT 1998
Are you talking about the movie "Kavidhai Paada Neramillai" (*ing Amala, Raghuvaran) that had music by L. Vaidyanathan ? The movie had the song "Thodu vaanam...".
By the way, what is the instrument IR uses to heighten the effect of pathos in scenes ? It sounds like some kind of a horn-like instrument to me.
Another trumpet song, "Appane, Appane pullaiyar appane" from Annai oru aalayam. By the way, most of the songs that feature elephants prominently have the trumpet in them. Have you all noticed ?
- From: Srinath (@ socks14d.raleigh.ibm.com)
on: Thu Aug 6 10:47:13 EDT 1998
The title song from Anjali has som beautiful sax pieces in the 1st interlude.
- From: Udhaya (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Thu Aug 6 20:07:15 EDT 1998
Unnai ondru kaetpaen (the happy version) from Pudhiya Paravai had some awesome horns in it.
- From: Veera akkoor (@ 1cust125.tnt2.det2.da.uu.net)
on: Thu Aug 6 22:21:23 EDT 1998
Has anyone heard the songs of "Thandhu vetten ennai by Sridhar.
The song Thendral nee is a gem,of course Balu does a great job with some sax interludes by IR. Kangalukkul by SJ is another classic number.
I do not know why anyone has not mentioned My Dear Maarthandan ( or has anyone mentioned). It has some classic sax,trumpets,and brass instruments. IR is great using those in a song like "Pakku Vethalai",Sattam varamal , Utalngadi etc.
- From: SR Kaushik (@ banjo.cs.iitm.ernet.in)
on: Tue Aug 11 04:44:54 EDT 1998
Great sax/trumpet pieces in Telugu by IR:
1. Gitanjali - Jallanta kavanta has a super-duper trumpet piece in its first interlude.
2. Anveshana - ekantha vela has deaddly, suspenseful trumpet pieces in both interludes.
3. Apuroopam entha from Dr.Ashoka Chakravarthy has a very catchy trumpet piece in its 1st interlude.
4. Kokila - ko ko kokila's 1st interlude
5. Chempa debba (I don't know the film) - 2nd interlude
6. Shiva - yenniyallo - 1st interlude
THat's all I can recollect now. THere may be many more.
- From: Murali Sankar (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Wed Aug 12 18:28:47 EDT 1998
Permit me to introduce myself as a new entrant to this site. I an an avid fan of IR and feel it is my duty to inform the other IR fans about the sax and trumpet explorations that Raja has made. "How to name it" has wonderful sax pieces with some spectacular drummindg and guitar notes as equally majestic accompaniments. If you get to hear please watch for them and get thrilled. Write on the web your experience.
Contact me at:
- From: rajiv (@ englab-68.umd.edu)
on: Mon Aug 17 17:23:27 EDT 1998
kannan vandu paduginraan, opening piece..
- From: Udhaya (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Aug 17 20:27:16 EDT 1998
Vidhyasaagar's "Udayaatha Vennila", has decent sax interludes.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum