Topic started by Siva (@ ecargie1.nortelnetworks.com) on Mon Apr 3 12:22:11 EDT 2000.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
Just a guess, the song Kannaam Puchi from
Kandukonden Kandukonden, I think it is based
on the Ragam Sree Ranjani. Am I right ?.
Same as Naatham Ezhunthathadi from Gopura Vasaliley.
- From: Neel (@ ts001d24.har-ct.concentric.net)
on: Mon Apr 3 13:55:03 EDT 2000
Siva, it is Kannamoochchi, not Puchi.
- From: chandy (@ ws025038.coba.siu.edu)
on: Mon Apr 3 13:58:15 EDT 2000
It is based on naatakurinji ragam, with some sahana shades midway. See Shashi's wonderful review in ARR new albums thread.
Fyi, such questions on rags, song stats could be posted in a thread menat for this purpose in the permanenet threads section. In future, you could post your queries there and ppl would try & answer you
- From: Siva (@ ecargie1.nortelnetworks.com)
on: Mon Apr 3 15:52:59 EDT 2000
Thanks Neel and Chandy.
Siva @ sivasweb.com
- From: Mythila (@ )
on: Tue Jan 27 09:05:37 EST 2004
"Kannaamoochi kelada" is not SriRanjini.
Let me add few songs OF TFM to the SriRanjini LIST
1. "Kannan nee yen isai naadha oviyam" sung by Sudha Raghunathan in film Ivan is an agmark SriRanjini and the best to my knowledge.
2. Nadha vinodhangal nadana santhoshangal from Salangai oli - It is a raagamaalika where the pallavi is set to SR
3. Velli chalangaigal from Kaadhal oviyam - the main song is in KalyanaVasantham and the last part in chorus which starts off with a brisk "Thanan thanimayil" is SR.
4. Naadham ennum kovililae - Mellifluous song by VJ in Manmadhaleelai.
IMO IR and MSV have been the only MDs in TFM to compose in SriRanjini.
What about the current crop like VS, HJ, ARR ,YSR?
Do they have any SriRanjini to their credit?
Somebody could list out the missed songs in SriRanjini IN tfm.
- From: rajeshrs_tvm (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Tue Jan 27 09:28:06 EST 2004
Our friends in ROS told me that
"theendai mei theendaai"(en swaasa kaatrae)
is in sriranjani.
btw sreeranjani is the most favorite raaga of
APJ Abdul kalam.!
- From: Rafiq (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Tue Jan 27 10:54:02 EST 2004
Theenda Theena from Tulluvadho Ilamai is Sri Ranjani, also Ilamai from Mounam Pesiyadhe is Sri Ranjani Raagam
- From: doubter (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Tue Jan 27 12:01:53 EST 2004
I thought 'veLLich chalangaigaL' is Chandrakouns. Is KalayanaVasandham the carnatic equivalent?
- From: Kupps (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Tue Jan 27 13:50:50 EST 2004
kaNNaa moochchi-la kudhukoolamaa kadhanakudhukoolam-mum varudhunnu aengaeyO padichcha gnaabagam. can someone clarify this?
- From: Shankar (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Tue Jan 27 14:53:06 EST 2004
Theendai Mei Theendai from En swasa Katre is in
- From: k (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Tue Jan 27 16:06:45 EST 2004
How about "Indrakku En Indha AnandhamE" from Vaidhegi KathirundhAL??
- From: Just Informing (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Tue Jan 27 17:08:07 EST 2004
Chandrakauns is a Janya of Keeravani
So is Kalyanavasantham, Keeranaavali and priyadarshani
From Vaidheki Kaaththirunthaal
Indraiku En Indha AnandhamE - Aboghi
Azhagu Malar Aada - Chandrakauns
- From: Mythila (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Wed Jan 28 07:13:03 EST 2004
Theenda mei theendaa is SriRaagam .
"Indraikku yen indha " is Aboghi indeed.
I felt "Theenda theenda " of Thulluvadho illamai is Reethi Gowlai . I haven't heard the Mounam pesiyadhe song.
Wow!!! Gr8 to know about Kalaam's raaga preferences.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum