Topic started by HCIRF / HCIRCritic (@ 22.214.171.124) on Tue Jun 25 02:29:27 EDT 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
This thread can raise serious conflagration here. But, i want to take it off my chest. Now is the time, with topics like Twisted Voice Of Janaki and other hannibal inspired themse likely, the mood is set. Seriously, think about the following songs in light of even ordinary compositions and see how you just turn you off:
1) Edho Moham (Maestro' favorite I hear, and I don't know how? IMHO, one of the silliest tunes, overrated and worst voices - Krishnachandran. Among the 4000 songs, this is the one of the 3 or 4 songs of IR I just cannot accept.
2) Inji Iduppu Azhagi - what a nerve wrakcing tune and on top of SJ throwing her nasal convulsions, but is apt for Revathi. (I could not also like Pothu Vehca Malligai Mottu maybe because of revathi - but a song overrated though)
3) Solai Pushpangaley - not a bad tune, but just horrible as a whole! Even GAmaran's voice comes out nasty here.
4) Povoma Oorkolan by Swarnalatha - that singer's voice makes me dislike the tune also. She has the talent to knock off a nice tune with her nose.
5)Hello Mr. Ethirkachi - most pretentious composition.
6) September Maatham - ties with Hello Mr. Ethirkachi
7) Columbus, Columbus - what is this, sir? for, Broadway Dreams?!
And, a song each in ARR/BR film, Bhagavathipuram railway gate and Oru Odai Nadhiyagirudhu I think. But, anyone has songs that you literllay hate because swarnalatha put her nose into it or IR thought Edho Moham became a unexpected cult hit, let me say I too like it. And, not to forget Anney Aney Sipahi Anney - I mean I have great memories of this song, but what a weird number! Go for it, fellas
- From: Kupps (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Tue Jun 25 02:50:42 EDT 2002
- From: Uthaman (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Tue Jun 25 02:53:51 EDT 2002
Sorry i am not going to aruge with you even though i am an IR fan. It is your taste man. Why do you expect conflagration? You listen to what you like. We listen to what we like. Period.
- From: genuine musician (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Tue Jun 25 03:44:06 EDT 2002
Even the worst of I.R. and A.R.R. cannot match the present Cooum soaked hits like Sarakku vechiruken,O Podu,Vaadi vaadi,Katta katta,Naan ready nee readyaa.....the list goes on
- From: Horrible examples for this thread (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Tue Jun 25 03:52:56 EDT 2002
when i saw the thread name, i felt it should be good, but when i saw the examples...NO COMMENTS about the starter of the thread;-)
i fail to u'stand the taste this person . i am not supporting IR or ARR,but the songs listed here are just INAPT for this thread!!
Rather than the Songs themselves, i find the examples given here Irritating:-)
i am sure many will agree.
u feel Inji Iduppazhagi is irritating tune???!!!and if u feel this too--"on top of SJ throwing her nasal convulsions", then u shd be feeling that for many other songs of SJ, where she changes her voice to imitate a child, one of the most artificial voices ever. FYI, i am not a SJ hater, but i appreciate her modulations for some songs, especially Inji song.
Hello Mr. Ethirkachi ? hello mr. thread poster, this is one of the very good compositions, what is so pretentious about it?
and u say Columbus, Columbus ?? then what type of songs do u like, may i know?
and u don't like most songs due to Revathi? Then forget that she acted and listen just to the song in the cassette yaar. or maybe u can imagine Rambha or Mumtaj in her place;-)
pls listen to the GAANA songs of Deva(though occassionally 1 to 2 may be okay), and then tell me howcome u didnt include those in ur list.
eg. don't u find the song Kokkirigiri irritating(i dont know the exact word) from Chocklet.
- From: Vj (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Tue Jun 25 05:25:45 EDT 2002
"Cooum soaked hits like Sarakku vechiruken".... genuine musician... i really appreciate ur sense of humour... :-)) :-))
HCIRF / HCIRCritic (@ 22.214.171.124)... i appreciate ur sense of humour too..:-)) this thread is nothing but a joke. BTW, i respect ur feelings. NOM :-)
- From: PUNCH (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Tue Jun 25 06:54:45 EDT 2002
"Irritating Songs - How were they composed or were even hits"
TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COMPOSITION & HOW THE COMPOSITION IS SUNG, BEFORE STARTING THESE THREADS
- From: Vasuki (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Tue Jun 25 07:22:27 EDT 2002
This is too much yar. what is the definition of "Irritating" ?
- From: just having some fun here, fellas (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Fri Jun 28 19:03:25 EDT 2002
Punch, you got a point. Thanks. appreciate it. real eye opener. BTW, today punchathanthiram is openin. are u takin a punch at it? go for it buddy ;-)
p.s: i am only speaking from a different level of musical experience, but it seems your approach to musical appreciation or critique is at the big bang stage, still very dusty ;--) i mean, aall of u here ;--)
- From: anjali (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Tue Jul 2 21:33:20 EDT 2002
That Malay Malay song bugs teh hell out of me
- From: 432432 (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri Jul 5 06:50:45 EDT 2002
I hate the song 'Oh poadu'
- From: IP (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Fri Jul 5 09:57:08 EDT 2002
hmmm... Ippadi oru thread. 'Inji Iduppazhagi' vandhu irritatingaam?
Last week I remember seeing another thread stating that 'SPB is not a great singer since he cannot do carnatic music for THREE hours'.
Vara vara thamizh janagalukku enna aachunney theriyilaiyae?
- From: what? (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Fri Jul 5 09:58:04 EDT 2002
good 4 u...
so y r u tellin this to us??
- From: what? (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Fri Jul 5 09:58:48 EDT 2002
not u IP!!
i meant the prev 2 posts!
- From: WN (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Sat Jul 6 11:21:01 EDT 2002
The one most irritating mother of a song is Malai Malai wit the fat bimbo mumtaz in it. Sends shudders down my spine.
- From: C~P (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Sun Jul 7 13:47:27 EDT 2002
hehe....only mumtaz can be seen in the whole screen :))
- From: Murugavel (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Sun Jul 7 15:25:39 EDT 2002
Malle Malle is awful,
Oh Podu is tragic
and Karuppu Thaan enakku Pidichha Colour kills me.
The common factor here?
All sung by Anuradha Sriram with he nasal Whiny voice.
- From: Britto (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Sun Jul 7 19:40:02 EDT 2002
There is nothing wrong with the songs that you listed, especially the songs of IR, but there is something seriously wrong with you!
- From: satsona (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Jul 8 02:17:25 EDT 2002
dont equate the lyrics and the actresses in the song to the singer Anuradha Sriram. She has given the actual life to the song, the way it has to be sung.
u couldnt have expected SJ, or even Chitra, Sujata etc. to have sung these songs as she has done.
if u dont like her voice, then its ur personal opinion, but dont equate the irritating aspect of these songs to this Versatile singer atleast.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum