I would like to see a list of songs which convey agony ( not thathuva padalgal or philosophical or sadness - the line is quite thin , let's see how this thread develops ..
1. Thaalatu paadi ..Thayaaga vendum, vegu naalaaga en aasai chinnamma ( the part where a mother's voice says Kanna - is the highlight. I dont know which film or who was the star - probably Sivaji G.
2. Aatuvithal Yaar oruvar ( from Avan than Manidhan - if you watch the movie - Sivaji is in real agony..
Topic started by Raja Mahadevan (@ draco.eisi.com) on Fri Jan 23 13:56:29 EST 1998.
All times in EDT/EST +9:30/10:30 for IST.
- Old responses
- From: Shobana (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri Aug 25 15:19:15 EDT 2000
How about "Yaarukkaga Idhu Yaarukkaga", "Devane Ennai Parungal"?
- From: ravi k.s. ravichandran (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Fri Aug 25 21:31:00 EDT 2000
Yengay Nimmathi.. in Pudhiyaparavai is probably the best song expressing the agony and frustration of a character with a hidden past, trying to start a new life. No one except TMS could have done this so well.
MSV has scored incredible music for this song, especially symphonic style interludes. Probably no another song that comes near to it in terms of the agonizing and pathetic feeling that you go through listening to this song. Anybody knows how this song was composed and recorded, please share the details here.
- From: paalai (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Aug 28 08:33:40 EDT 2000
I thought songs of agony minus thathuvam songs were requested..but the two responses show that there is no agony without thathuvam in it.I like this song 'minnale' from May maadam,sung by Spb,a veteran of the clear-vocabulary-style of singing.Its a song which any lovelorn person can associate with,and that is the mark a succesful song should have on its listeners.
- From: SM (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Mon Aug 28 15:04:05 EDT 2000
"dhEvadhai iLam dhEvi" ('Ayiram nilavE vA') by SPB is a good example of a song which conveys agony.
- From: satishv (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Mon Aug 28 16:08:04 EDT 2000
"ennai petha aatha" sung by IR for some ramarajan movies
- From: cram (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Tue Aug 29 03:40:04 EDT 2000
mundhikkittengaLE:-)))) i was just about to mention that song.
i think "sangeetha jaadhi mullai" does convey agony very well.
- From: csg (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Thu Aug 31 08:29:28 EDT 2000
vanuyarntha solayile ne natantha pathai ellam from the movie idaya kovil conveys agony IMHO
- From: Anamika (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Thu Aug 31 13:37:03 EDT 2000
How about Oora Therinjikitten from Padikadhavan?
- From: Rajesh (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Sep 4 03:33:01 EDT 2000
In "kalki", Gita is a barren woman who sings to her imaginary daughter..
Guess it starts like "muthu muthu magaLe"..
Does this qualify?
- From: S (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Tue Sep 5 07:17:36 EDT 2000
Is it EzhudukirEn oru kaditham or sthg ???
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum