Topic started by Neels (@ ppp-203-197-9-141.bom.vsnl.net.in) on Mon Mar 27 23:41:55 EST 2000.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
I read in an article on Abdul Rahman (Tamil poet) in the Vikatan that Naushad's music for the Tamil film 'Akbar' (dubbed from the Urdu classic Mughal-E-Azam)is being re-released in Tamil, after almost 40 years, in a digitally remastered original version!
That's great. A fellow TFM surfer said that Lata has sung all the songs and is probably her debut in Tamil. Can any one from Madras confirm the release of this album please?
- From: kk (@ unknown-11-161.ws11.clorox.com)
on: Tue Mar 28 01:45:38 EST 2000
Lata didn't sing all the songs in akbar - for example, PS sang kanavu kanda kathal kathai kanneer aache(mohabbat ki jhooti kahani pe royE)
- From: Neels (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Tue Mar 28 03:20:40 EST 2000
Are songs from Akbar available on the Net?
- From: eden (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Wed Mar 29 07:17:03 EST 2000
Lata has sung long, long back in TFM (probably even before I was born) `..endhan kaNNaLan..nadhiyE nee mellappO' in some very old film..is that the one you're refering to, Neels?
- From: Neels (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Thu Mar 30 05:59:20 EST 2000
No, I just said that Akbar is 'probably' her debut in Tamil. The film Mughal E Azam was a 50s-60s film (B&W, but for one song sequence, 'Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya' that was shot in color). The movie got dubbed in Tamil after the Hindi(actually Urdu) release and probably didn't do very well. That's explains why most of us were unaware of the Tamil version of the film.
Now, after almost five decades, the soundtrack is being re-released as a revival edition (Source: Vikatan). This hopefully has great quality recording and will give us a chance to listen to the same classics in Tamil.
- From: kk (@ unknown-11-154.ws11.clorox.com)
on: Fri Mar 31 01:42:39 EST 2000
No, the song is not available on the net so far as I know. I've seen a HMV cassette/CD with the title 'kanavu kanda kathal' that has this song on it. Sad songs from tamil films or a collection like that.
AFAIK, this is the only song that became reasonably famous. I'm curious to listen to the tamil versions of mohe panghat pe nandlal chhed gayo re (anarkali dresses up as radha and sings krishna teased? me in the garden?) and the qawwali song. Also, curious why the sudden interest in rereleasing the film? Apparently, it'll be renamed anarkaliyin kAthal kOttai or some such thing.
- From: Neels (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri Mar 31 03:39:16 EST 2000
Anarkaliyin kAthal kOttai!!! Yuck!
Looks like some people never change.
Yes, I am curious to listen all the songs: 'Panghat Pe' number, a beautiful song in Kapi (Pilu in Hindustani); 'Mohabbat Ki Jhoothi Kahaani Pe ROye' ; 'Hum Bhi Dekhenge' the Qawali; 'Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya' and of course the sensuous Bade Ghulam Ali Khan number: 'Prem Jogan ban Ke'!!
- From: LV (@ )
on: Sun Jul 15 01:40:10 EDT 2001
are these songs available on the net anywhere?
- From: A.A. (@ ch7smc.bellglobal.com)
on: Mon Jul 16 23:18:03 EDT 2001
Lata has sung many Tamil songs during 50's and 60's, all for Tamil films dubbed from hindi movies.
Here are some movies comes to my mind:
1. Hindi film `AAN' was dubbed in Tamil and released with the same name in 1952?. Lata sings all the female songs in this film under Naushad's composition. `Inru Enthan Nenchil Sahi' is one of the songs I remember still. One singer by the name `Sarkaar' has sung all Rafi's songs. Never heard of him after this film. Hussain Deen(Parasakthi-Il vazhviniley) also has sung the same songs in records but didn't make it to the movie.
2. Hindi movie `Uran Katola' was dubbed in Tamil (Vana Ratham'). Lata again for all the female songs. T.A.Mothi sang all Rafi's songs.`Enthan Kannalan Karai Nokki Pohiran' by Lata became very popular, so as Mothi's solo `Neerodu Adaathey En Kannin Maniyey Vaa Nenjodu Aada Vaa'. Again Naushad was the M.D.
3. Akbar was dubbed with the same name. Lata didn't sing in this film. All songs by P.Suseela and Jikki. Naushad was the music director. `Kanavu kanda kathal' and `Aattin karaithaniley Kannan ennai' were the hits.
- From: LV (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Tue Jul 17 01:30:19 EDT 2001
Could u kindly provide links to these songs??
- From: jeeve (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Tue Jul 17 05:19:46 EDT 2001
ada cha,eppa enna pesureengappa,ippa ellam copy thaan paa
- From: Balaji (@ webproxy05qfe0.sbi.com)
on: Tue Jul 17 08:03:45 EDT 2001
Just a correction! 'Akbar' in Tamil is 'Mughal-e-Azam' in Hindhi!
- From: A.A.SENIOR (@ bay-67.pppmad.vsnl.net.in)
on: Tue Jul 17 10:02:26 EDT 2001
The best song in Akbar is Azhaikadhe...Ninaikkadhe avai dhanele ennaiye RAjaa...by PS...She had also sung three more solos for this film...Original A.A.
- From: Pal (@ wstisp1c01.ml.com)
on: Tue Jul 17 11:06:07 EDT 2001
Azhaikaadhe is from 'maNALanE mangaiyin bhAgyam' ;))
- From: a.a. (@ hse-toronto-ppp261305.sympatico.ca)
on: Sun Jul 22 15:48:19 EDT 2001
AA Senior (Original AA),
This is to apologize for using your name. I am a recent visitor to tfm page. My first visit was in March this year. Since then I visit whenever I find time. My real name is Ameer Ali and I had posted one or two comments here and there in the name of Ameer. Then I shortened it to A.A. to make my queries and comments with no one objecting until now. I never got the chance to surf all the old threads, as such I didn't know there exists another AA. I didn't really mean to steal your name. As a compromise I will use lower case letters in future as `aa'.
Yes I agree with you. Akbar was the dubbed version of Mugal-e-azam. I knew it and also it is obvious from the title of this thread. I overlooked my own mistake.
I am sorry. I do not know whether the songs from `Aan', `Vaanaratham' and `Akbar' are available anywhere in the net. Like you I am also longing to hear these songs. All what I mentioned about these songs are from my childhood memories, growing up listning to Radio Ceylon (Presently Sri Lanka Broadcasting Corporation). If any one out there knows the link of these songs, please let us know!
However I do have the following `Akbar" songs in audio cassette, if you are interested please contact me through `E-mail', I will send you a copy.
Aattin Karaithaniley - P.Suseela
Kanavu kanda kathal - P.Suseela
Unthan sabaiyil enthan - P.Suseela, Jikki & Chorus
Ithu kalayin pothey - P.Suseela & Chorus
Kathal kondaaley bayamenna - P.Suseela & Chorus
If the owner of this TFM web page willing to upload these songs, I could send a copy to him/her
too, together with some other songs not presently available at Dhool.com
- From: Ramamurthy (@ cb481828-a.elmhst1.il.home.com)
on: Thu Jul 26 21:07:31 EDT 2001
I think you are the one who requested Laila Majnu songs from me .I have the tape ready but I lost your address.Please e-mail me.Also I have all the Vanaratatham and Avan songs.
- From: achwin (@ dialpool-210-214-133-190.maa.sify.net)
on: Sun Jul 29 05:55:09 EDT 2001
A.A, Neels, any idea who has sung the Tamil version of the beautiful 'sarkar-e-madina' song set to Raag Kedar? And, how was Khan-saab's song xlated? (movie - Mughal-e-azam)
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum