Topic started by x (@ 184.108.40.206) on Mon Apr 28 14:16:16 EDT 2003.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
Guys, I am looking for tamizh songs sung by actress Manorama. Is there any website that has list of all her songs?
- From: Surya (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Mon Apr 28 15:14:50 EDT 2003
vaa vaadhyare ootanda from Bommalaattam
dillikku raajannalum from Paati sollai thattadhey
more to follow..
- From: dell (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Mon Apr 28 22:35:56 EDT 2003
Madras from May Madham scored by ARR...
- From: Peter Pan (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Mon Apr 28 23:05:51 EDT 2003
Manorama's full-throated singing and her command over music never fails to amaze me. 'Akshara sutham', 'Sruthi Sutham', and dialect 'sutham'... Wow!
TheriyAdhO NOkku theriyAdhO, chinna paruvathiley kAdhalippadhu paithiyam pol thONumunnu TheriyAdho?
An enjoyable song from this talented singer. Don't know the film name though.
She keeps singing this lo...ng number, "Manja KayiRu, thAli manjak kayiRu" whenever she is aske to sing at functions these days. Am not sure whether it's a film song.
She also excelled in an improvised medley in the film "Navaratri" (the one she sings with the asylum inmates). But I am not sure if it's available as a sound track.
I am sure we have many more songs of her to rediscover.
- From: raj (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Tue Apr 29 03:47:17 EDT 2003
Songs by Manaroma
1. Theriadho nokku Theriyadho-Suryakanthi
2. Mandhaveliyile Oru manushan munnale with SPB in karunthel kannayiram
3. Delliku raajanalum paari solla thattathe
4. endi sarasu --- ennena sonnar(sri raghavendra)
- From: Kupps (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Tue Apr 29 04:44:55 EDT 2003
song 4. is "paarthaalae theriyaadhO naekku adiyae sarasu".
in late 70s and early 80s many films in which she acted in a leading role had one song sung by her.
- From: Subbu (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Tue Apr 29 05:28:53 EDT 2003
1. In "Chakravarthi", she starts the song "Aarathi edungadi thozhiyare aanandam paaadungadi"... Then P. Susheela continues with "Vaa vaLLiammai kaNavaa".
2. In "Thirumalai thenkumari", Manorama sang teh bit in Madras tamiiiii... "Paadanunnu mansukkuLey aasa neriya keedhu.. athay paada sollO beyum vandhu munney nikkeedhu".
3. In "Avan avaL adhu", she sand with LRE.. "enna peyar vaikalaaM' type of song. Sripriya and Manoram sing this in the movie... so many actress's name they suggest and the songs list most of 50-60-70-80's actresses (I think it was penned by Kannadasan).
- From: Kupps (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Tue Apr 29 06:30:52 EDT 2003
subbu 3) lyricist vaalee-yaa irukka naeraya chances irukku :-)
- From: x (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Tue Apr 29 07:28:19 EDT 2003
I can't seem to find the song 'Manja kayiru, thali manjakayiru' on the internet. Is it a film song? Any info about this song would be appreciated.
- From: usha kalingen (@ )
on: Fri Aug 27 08:06:05 EDT 2004
- From: sudalai (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Fri Aug 27 09:33:54 EDT 2004
kotta paakum.. kozhundhu vethalayum..
(first few lines... ;-) )
- From: muarbalu (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Thu Sep 2 06:04:29 EDT 2004
un rathayai paar bothayile kanna-PANTHATTHAM
yarukkaga ithu yaarukkaga- PON VANDU
- From: Ravi (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Fri Sep 3 01:15:53 EDT 2004
There is one song in Sarigamapadani (Parthiban - Roja starrer).
Another song in Poveli starring Karthik-Kaushalya, which starts like "Kadhai solla poren, vidu-kathai solla poren".
Another song in an S.V.Shekhar-Rekha starrer where Manorama is a miser. Dont remember the movie.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum