Topic started by Venkat (@ 188.8.131.52) on Wed May 3 12:23:01 EDT 2000.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
Pls Visit the Web Site www.tamilcinema.com
Is it fair on YSR part or not Discuss
- From: mira (@ dyn2-254.kla-tencor.com)
on: Wed May 3 12:43:21 EDT 2000
Last year or before that, in an interview to Kumudam, YSR had said that he would like to work
with VM. So it is not really surprising. What surprises me is the news bit that VM tried to lure the star keyboardist from ARR.
- From: Velaiyaththavan (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Wed May 3 13:24:41 EDT 2000
ellaarum pozappai paarkka vENdaamaa ? athanaala thaan appadi paNNi irukkaarnu ninaikkarEn
- From: rajaG (@ kcecfp01.sprint.com)
on: Wed May 3 16:33:05 EDT 2000
mira: Star keyboardist from ARR aa? udhaikkiradhEy? The star Keyboard player for ARR is Allah Rakkah Rehman himself!
- From: m (@ dyn2-254.kla-tencor.com)
on: Wed May 3 20:22:08 EDT 2000
rajaG: See the rediff article.
- From: Neel (@ ts001d44.har-ct.concentric.net)
on: Wed May 3 23:23:04 EDT 2000
I think it is a good news. Fair or not, I don't know. Looking forward to some quality music and lyrics.
- From: STS (@ ip192.san-francisco28.ca.pub-ip.psi.net)
on: Thu May 4 02:14:10 EDT 2000
mira seems correct. I saw rediff article which mentioned VM tried his part to lure away the best or most talented keyboard player from ARR. It was a surprise news to me too. But you know, what to believe (is always a good question). Well, if YSR wants to work with VM or VM wants to mend fence with IR we don't know. I appreciate YSR for not showing enemity. VM must feel ashamed. There is a 'Kural' which says 'thappu seithavaraiyum naanum padi seithal'. Athuthaan idhu.
- From: eden (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Thu May 4 05:38:59 EDT 2000
yAr, yArukku `innA' seidhadhu? ippOdhu yAr, yArukku `nannayam' seivadhu?
- From: STS (@ firewall.baan.com)
on: Thu May 4 20:39:40 EDT 2000
Inna seivathu endraal vaayai koduthu vaangi katti kolvathu. Athula VM romba expert. (mothala IR, ippa ARR). Coming to my 'inna' point is enemity (not who is right or wrong). And I am happy that the same enemity does not exist between YSR and VM. I am happy for YVR more because in one of the interviews he said 'We listen to ARR music and we like him very much'. That shows the mentality of good people.
- From: SM (@ fs2.sgum.mci.com)
on: Thu May 4 21:35:31 EDT 2000
inna seivathu endra kedudhal seivadhunnu artham. neenga pudhusa vera artham solreengaLae?
- From: STS (@ ip138.san-francisco29.ca.pub-ip.psi.net)
on: Fri May 5 02:04:22 EDT 2000
True. I am not speaking the literal meaning of 'inna seivathu'. (Mine is implied in a lighter vein). I implied that though there is an enemity between IR/VM, it is good to see that YVS/VM work together. Pls don't tell VM. He will say I am murdering Tamil, though I did not intend to. Well VM may agree with me this time, that I am coining a new meaning!!
- From: Isaipriyan (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri May 5 09:45:32 EDT 2000
Its really a good news to tamil film music
- From: Neels (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Fri May 5 14:03:13 EDT 2000
I've reposted this from another thread (on VM and ARR), as it makes sense here as well (probably one of the reasons for VM joining hands with YSR):
The latest issue of Kumudam (a cinema special!) has quite a few interesting factfiles on TFM.
Here I am trying to give the gist of the 'tunuks' in my own words:
1. A new face is going to hit the scene with the film 'Majnu'. He is touted as the next puyal and his name is 'Harris' (forgot his full name). He is being promoted heavily by none other than our VM as the best thing to have happened to TFM industry.
2. One of the theories put forward by some 'veteran' in the filed is that VM has apparently realised that ARR is now going to do less of TFM and more of HFM and WM, and as a result it's going to be a case of 'Vayathula Adi' for him. Hence his outburst against ARR in public (so that all Tamil Pundits will eventually praise this 'TanMaanam Kaatha Verra Pulavar' who never bowed down to the pressure of MDs to do injustice to Tamil Annai.)
3. ARR and family is quite upset with the fact that this man (VM) was rude to him on several occasions and as a result, an entire batch of lyrisists are now hoping to get a call from the MD. Many were interviewed by ARR for a forthcoming movie and Ilaya Kamban (God, such conceit!) got selected. He's been asked to use 'Pudumayana Words' (hope not "Internet-in Devi adi nee, WebSite-in Aavi adi Nee")
So, another combo-saga comes to an end.
- From: MS (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Fri May 5 15:46:43 EDT 2000
Neels, ROFL :-)))
- From: vijay (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Fri May 5 16:47:07 EDT 2000
Interview for lyricists? that's new to me.
I wish they had such an interview for MDs like Deva;))(He would have anyway overheard the tunes of other candidates discussing, and would have used them in his interview;) )
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum