Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Mobile   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

Ilayaraja Fans (Knowers) - Please Help! Ilayaraja Fans (Knowers) - Please Help!

Topic started by raycas (@ on Thu Nov 15 16:16:53 EST 2001.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

dear ilayaraja fans (knowers), i need ur kind help. i'm an ARR fan, rather young, only 20 years old, spent only 7 years of my life in india (3-7), started hearing to tfm only after ARR came, so stuck to his music, now, with hj, ysr and others, i also started listening to theirs. but there is a legend whose music i like, at least i got to hear some of it here and there, and i must admit i liked it. of course i'm talking about ilayaraja. but as this legend is told to be the master of combining quantity with quality, i find it difficult to start listening to all his songs. so my request is following:
could u people name me songs of ilayaraja which one will like from the first time hearing onwards. i mean songs which were just great hits, for a start only the ones in the 80s. i have heard following ones, and liked them very much, so the songs u name should go in this tradition: songs of 'nayakan' (with most famous 'thenpandi cheemayile', my favourite), 'abhoorva sahootharangal' ('pudhu mapilaku', 'raja kaya vecha','unnai nenachen'), 'dalapathi' ('rakamma', 'kaatu kuyilu')...that's all i know till yet.
so please only the ones which will at first hear strike ur the ones i mentioned.
for example, when someone asked me to do the same for ARR, i would name following songs: 'chinna chinna asai' (roja), 'chikku buku raile' (gentleman), 'hamma hamma', 'uyire' (bombay), 'anjali', 'venilavin' (duet), 'oorvasi - take it easy' and others of (kadhalan), 'odakara' (indhira), 'thillana thillana' (muthu) and so on.... (the actual list would become too long)...
so kindly help!

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments

Sections: Home - TFM Magazine - Forum - Wiki - POW - oPod - Lyrics - Pictures - Music Notes -  
Forums: Current Topics - Ilayaraja Albums - A.R. Rahman Albums - TFM Oldies - Fun & Games
Ilaiyaraja: Releases - News - Share Music - AR Rahman: Releases - News - AOTW - Tweets -
Discussions: MSV - YSR - GVP - Song Requests - Song stats - Raga of songs - Copying - Tweets
Database: Main - Singers - Music Director's - Lyricists   Fun: PP - EKB - Relay - Satires - Quiz