Topic started by magix (@ 126.96.36.199) on Sat Apr 6 11:23:45 EST 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
I went to "Ae! Nee romba azhaga irukae" cassette release function.
a couple of ppl in TFM might remember that i'm a close friend of Mani Ratnam's nephew. So by default, i guess he becomes the nephew of GV!
He gave him the invite pass and i was included!
The songs are not bad.. everything is fast!
The 1st pair of MDs, Arvind-Shankar(??) had composed a good 1 sung by Harish R..
The 2nd song was by Murugavel(????), Anuradha's brother! He had a good voice, the song was not bad either..
The 3rd song was by Srinivas!!! It was a trademark tune of his.. lots of hard rock sanskrit in it! ne way quite good.
The 4th song was by a duo called Raghavan-Raja(????????).. It was a totally fast song, i didnt quite like it tho the tune was catchy...
The 5th song was by (????????????) who looked like KR! I didnt quite like the song..
The only bad point(IMO).. Deva released it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry about the name confusion folx.. i didnt concentrate... was busy star gazing!!!!!
- Old responses
- From: tamilan (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Thu Apr 11 03:21:08 EDT 2002
can anybody tell me where I can download the songs on the web??
thanx in advance
- From: kuruvi (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Wed Apr 17 12:06:56 EDT 2002
It can be listened at www.raaga.com
- From: Jamesmani (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Wed Apr 17 16:37:51 EDT 2002
All songs really suberb !!!
- From: Kum_laden (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Wed Apr 17 17:46:37 EDT 2002
Ranesh Vinayagham is the best out of it!
What a music what a singing...
- From: cristina_george (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Wed Apr 17 18:44:04 EDT 2002
it's really a good album !!!! and i think all people who listening this album could appreciated it.
a last word : enjoy it!!!!
- From: Impressed (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Wed Apr 17 19:52:35 EDT 2002
Oru kaadhal vandhucho is excellent..very energetic, fun song. Music and lyrics go very well. Hats off too Raghav-Raja.
- From: Kavitha (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Wed Apr 17 22:32:40 EDT 2002
I am a great fan of Sneha. How does she look in person? Is she pretty, is she dark or medium colour. How tall is she.Is she nice and friendly, or very egoistic. Please reply thank you
- From: Kavitha (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Wed Apr 17 22:36:38 EDT 2002
I am a great fan of Vikram.Vikram and prashanth are cousins? I read some where that their two families are not in good terms. Is it true?Kennedy is Vikram's name.Is he a christian?
If you know please tell us.
- From: kuruvi (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Thu Apr 18 09:34:34 EDT 2002
Vikrams original name is Kenny atleast most of his friends and family used to call him by that name. He is a good guy its irrelevant to ask abt ones religious bgnd.
- From: magix (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Thu Apr 18 11:50:21 EDT 2002
Sneha looked exactly like she looks on screen.
Not very tall, not short either!
Vikram.... i still havent got over it!
- From: GS (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Thu Apr 18 12:28:59 EDT 2002
By any chance your friend is Rajesh (BITS Mech 87-91)…he is also one of MR’s nephew…
- From: magix (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Thu Apr 18 22:03:36 EDT 2002
- From: neesha nair (@ )
on: Fri Apr 26 01:09:40 EDT 2002
i hope this movie will be nice!!!!!!!
i don't think so,................
- From: meetuasap (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Fri Apr 26 09:33:35 EDT 2002
U can get the songs at mohankumars.com
Here is the short review abt this excellent album ..
Songs are damn good ,new sound ,Music is good and fresh , above all lyrics for all the songs are very good ,spl credits to Pa.Vijay ,pazhani bharati and Thamarai
1.Ininanum Naanialai -by srinivas & sujatha - this song is very good only soft song in the album with some string instruments in it ..lyrics for the song is so sweet and is by thamarai ...lyric really extract the love feeling ..very sweet song ..sujatha and srini has done a gr8 job in this song excellent and clean melody by srinivas ..thanks to u srini
2.Thottu Thottu sellum - has some diff chorus throughout the song .very very catchy number .lyrics by Pahzanibharati ..lyric is damn good ..very well crafted song ..u'll really feel to love somebody after the song .
3.Yamini Yamini - music by aravind-shankar .. this one is also indeed a good song but when u can listen to this song u'll feel that it resembles some old songs ..veena ( I think) in b/w saranam is very pleasant .. lyrics by Pa.vijay .
4. Poisollalam - music by Murugavel ,lyric by Pa.vijay .First amazing thing abt this song is its lyric .it’s the song where two lovers are telling lies to each other vijay has done the best job using this gr8 situation of the song very cute song ..has lot of peppy line .well done vijay ..i initially thought the lyric is by vairamuthu (my favorite ) ..it has vairamuthu style of narrating the love quarrels ...any way its original job by vijay i love this song a fast beat song ..even starts like rap and goes to Jazz ..starting music is from dr.albans album other than that it’s a wonderful song ..the best and catchy no in the album ..defenitely it will top the charts .
5.Kadhal vandhucho - music by raghav-raja ..lyric by thamarai again a fast number ..very well sung by shankar mahadevan ..seems like raghav-raja are s/w engg like me ..gr8 job done by the duo .. kudos to u guys gr8 fusion song with carnatic lines in b/w ..song is very well built by shankar mahadevan
Overall it is an excellent album worth to get the CDs ..thumpy album after a long time u can feel the fresh music and lyric ..i hope this music album will break all the records ..go and get ur copy as soon as possible any comments pls mail me to email@example.com
- From: vishwapriya (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Sun Apr 28 03:34:10 EDT 2002
hey tfm rasigar folks
this is a tremendous effort. all guyz have given their 200 percent. hats off to GV vasant for this couragious effort.
the best song in the album in yaminee yaminee composed by arvind shankar followed by srinivas' ini naanum naanilaiyae. all songs are good in fact
- From: Karmjit Kaur (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Sun Apr 28 13:30:59 EDT 2002
hi was juz readin..some said his fren is a nephew of mani sir so that makes him the nephew of gv..who exactly is gv..what's his full name and is he related to mani sir then? and what is it abt vikram and prashanth being cousins? this is the 1st i'm hearing for such a thing. sorry to sound ignorant!
- From: Qubit (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Sun Apr 28 16:42:44 EDT 2002
My fav from this movie is the song "Thottu thottu" and the second fav is "Oru kaadhal vanducho."
An outstanding effort by Ramesh Vinayagam in the song "thottu thottu.". Thats some song!
- From: Qubit (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Sun Apr 28 16:43:36 EDT 2002
And yeah.. Forgot to mention that u could get the songs from either www.tamilbeat.com or from www.tamilmp3world.com
- From: whoever (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Sun Apr 28 17:32:35 EDT 2002
to Karmjit Kaur.
gv is G Venkateshwar. mani's brother. apparently, he used to be a big producer, the for some reason went out of the cinema world. now he is coming back with movies like thamizhan, hey nee..., and several others.
- From: karmjit kaur (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Mon Apr 29 01:04:58 EDT 2002
thanks whoever..i thought it was g venkateshwar..but i didn't know he was mani's brother. thank u
- From: Rocky (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Mon Apr 29 05:16:23 EDT 2002
all the songs are too good. my fav is kadhal vandhucho.. some news about the MDs.
1. Raghav Raja have done some music in TV for KB. They were known as TRV & Raj. They have done the title music for K.Balachandarin Chinna Thirai. A lovely, melodious one. They have also composed songs in the serial JANNAL. They have also done an album "EAST of Salzburg" a well orchestrated new age instrumental album. I had listened to this. a good one.
2. MD Ramesh has done the title song for Crazy mohan's serial. A lovely number. He has worked with all music directors and is in the field for 10 years.
3. Arvind Jaishankar are into jingles.
4. Murugan is Anuradha sriram's brother.
5. of course, everyone knows srini a great singer.
I had been to music world when these guys had turned out for autograph. I came to know these things there and some through some of my friends. ALL the best to you guys.
- From: sweet lankan gal (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Tue Apr 30 15:19:42 EDT 2002
Shaam is sooooo hot.. he is the best newcomer.. wat do u guys think.. isn't he way beta than maddy.. he acts good, dances good and he looks even better than maddy.. is new movie is going to be soooooo good.
- From: curses (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Tue Apr 30 22:17:06 EDT 2002
u shud c him in person before u make such statements!
- From: Jey (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Tue Apr 30 23:27:38 EDT 2002
out of all songs in that film, ' poisollam..poisollam' song is the best...wow...the tune is very fast and nice...
the combination of Unnikrishnan and Anuradha sriram is deffinetly tremendous..
- From: Raju (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Wed May 1 14:14:31 EDT 2002
I found Poi Sollalaam to be a cheap rip off of a few number put together. Please don't say that you coul;dn't hear the Thenmerku Paruvakaatru beat in the song!
Murugavel is trying to use the tedchniques he must have picked up when working with YSR but he sounds like a cheap impersonator.
Anuradha is screaming in the song which is very high for him,and the orchestration is poor.
- From: A tfmpage.com Fan (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Thu May 2 14:15:14 EDT 2002
I do agree with u Raju .. i also fell the same when i 1st listen to the song "Poi Sollalam". the 1st impression i got from hearing tht song was "Thenmerku Paruvakaatru" from Karuthama.
- From: dfd (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Fri May 3 01:53:15 EDT 2002
- From: Divakar (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Mon May 6 07:39:16 EDT 2002
All the songs are good. Fresh music and casual lyrics. Inni nanun nan illai by Srini is the best. Srini and Sujatha have sung very well. Lets see how vasanth presents us.
- From: Micheal Rajan (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Fri May 10 00:23:35 EDT 2002
All songs are good in this film .The broth hasnt been spoilt despite lotz of cooks!!!.The best cooks are Arvind Jaishankar coming out with "yamini yamini" sung by Harish Raghavendran and followed by silver voice srinivas "ini naanum naanillai" and Raghu Raja with "kaadhal vandhudicho". Great effort working positively
List all pages of this thread