Topic started by IsaiAdimai (@ 188.8.131.52) on Fri Sep 7 16:48:33 EDT 2001.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
There are many songs, that has many guitar pieces of IR, thats mostly hidden. Probably, ppl miss to recognise that, with the song. Some of them, that I could recollect.
1) Poove Ilayapoove , - Kozhi kovudhu (starting electric guitar piece).
2) Edho Moham - same movie (whole of charanam).
3) Oru kili urughudu - starting guitar, a very rare piece.
- Old responses
- From: rajasaranam (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Tue Aug 17 06:08:15 EDT 2004
- From: vem (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Tue Aug 17 10:15:05 EDT 2004
as time passes by, generally most of the songs also look old (meaning we tend to think of the past when we listen to old songs)
But some songs even after listening to thousands of times still look so fresh and u kisten to them with same enthu ......
IR's songs r of such type - One such song is Ilam pani thulir vidum neram ---- a fantastic song.....
Other songs that look so fresh are Panner pushpangal songs, nenjathai killadhe songs, nizhalgal songs etc etc etc........
- From: Come September (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Tue Aug 17 12:10:35 EDT 2004
so August do you think IR uses only those guitar that are available in market? X-(
hmm...aenna thimir, aho aen kula raja rasigar makkaLae (esp. LLD, peeps et al) please do "oru kai paaththufication" of this August.
- From: hehehewalrus (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Tue Aug 17 16:08:30 EDT 2004
Read your *s, September Massacre panna konja naal thaan irukku
- From: August (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Wed Aug 18 00:30:08 EDT 2004
- From: Kupps (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Wed Aug 18 11:06:42 EDT 2004
- From: LLD (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Wed Aug 18 13:03:49 EDT 2004
- From: rajasaranam again (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Wed Aug 18 16:05:19 EDT 2004
- From: Alwarpettai Aandavan (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Mon Aug 23 09:29:38 EDT 2004
In which movie is the song "Ilam pani thulir vidum neram"?
- From: Gyan (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Mon Aug 23 10:26:21 EDT 2004
You hear Nee Illaadha Podhu in Ilamai Kolam, hear the Guitar and the Flute and the violins, where is the space for all this is the question?
Guitar and Flute pieces in IR songs are like thesis unto themselves. In 30 seconds flat! almost all 70s and early 80s IR depeneded on these two sounds for elaborate or jingle like tunes. but, i am lookin for one song with these two instruments:
Avagai Malargalil ...annaippadhum kodupathum sugam.... SJanaki song takes off like Mallikai Poovukkul in Maganey Maganey/ ANy help?
- From: vijay (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Mon Aug 23 11:43:33 EDT 2004
Gyan, is it "madhu malargaLe dhinam" by SJ and MV? It is definitely from Magane Magane. A very pleasant song. Has guitar/flute prelude.
- From: Gyan (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Mon Aug 23 14:52:49 EDT 2004
vijay, it is not that. Avagai Malargalil ...annaippadhum kodupathum sugam.... SJanaki also has MVasu in the interludes with super Guitar in both interludes. I don't know the name of the movie.
- From: mythila (@ )
on: Tue Sep 28 11:51:13 EDT 2004
'Devan thandha veenai athil devi seitha gaanam' from unnai naan sandhithen (Janaki Jeyachandran version) has a great bass all along and excellent interludes.
'Kanne balam thannaal vandhadhu' from Vaalibame vaa vaa uses heavy rock guitar type of strumming , a very freaky song
From the same film 'azhage unnai konjam arugil vaa vaa' also has quite appealing guitar work
- From: Sri (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Wed Sep 29 08:44:16 EDT 2004
1. Poove Ilayapoove , - Kozhi kovudhu (starting electric guitar piece).
2. Edho Moham - same movie (whole of charanam).
3. Oru kili urughudu - starting guitar, a very rare piece.
4. Ilayaa Nila - from payanangal Mudivadhilai
5. "En iniya Pon Nilave " - Excellent guitar thro out the song.
6. Pu Malai Oru Pavai anadhe.
7. "Oru Naal Oru Kanavu " - great guitars.
8. "Oor Urangun Nerthil" from Kanna Unnai Thedugiren
9. Ennule Ennule in Valli had an amazing guitar start.
10.Kanavil Mithakkum - lovely guitar arpegio in the beginning followed by flute line.
11.Vaan engum from Mooram pirai
12. `EdhO kanavugaL, ninaivugaL' of agal viLakku.
13. velli nilave velli nilave - both interludes
14. thEne thenpaaNdi meenE - First interlude end
15. indha maan undhan sondha maan - prelude
16.Poongaatru....Pudhidhaanathu from Moondram Pirai
17.Vaanam Yengey Megam Yengey...
18.Ore naal unai naan - The prelude ends with a terrific guitar piece.
19.Naane naana yaaro thaana - The prelude begins with mind-blowing strings
20.Ennullil engo yengum geetham - starts with a superb guitar piece
21.Eppadi eppadi (a rare song from aayiram nilave vaa) - guitar rules throughout the song.
22.Then poovey poovey vaa - from ANbulla rajinikanth
23.PunthaLir Ada second interlude has an awesome counterpoint for two guitars.
24.Pani villum malar vanam from Ninaivellam Nithya for that nice guitar piece at the start as well the interludes
25."ponn vaanum panner thoovidhu..." from Indru Nee Naalai Naan,
26."chinna chinna vanna kuyil..." from Mouna Raagam
27.vanengum thanga.. from Moondram pirai(starting bit of guitar)
28.'Devan thandha veenai athil devi seitha gaanam' from unnai naan sandhithen
29.'Kanne balam thannaal vandhadhu' from Vaalibame vaa vaa uses heavy rock guitar type of strumming 'azhage unnai konjam
30.Ellorum paadum pattu...(Marupadiyum)starting bit.
31. " Thulli ezhunthathu paattu" from Geetanjali
32. "Needhane En Ponn Vasandham" from Ninaivellam Nithya
I thank 'Isaiadimai ' for starting the thread. Off late, I am in the process of collecting various IR+Guiter songs to get it recorded in CD. Now this thread has already given me 30+ songs. Once again i thank u all.
- From: mythila (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Fri Oct 1 10:48:10 EDT 2004
srini, you can add another song from an 80's Mohan starrer "Ambigai Neril vandhaal" to your list - "roja onru ullangaiyil poothadhu"
- From: sri (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Sat Oct 2 06:50:53 EDT 2004
Have anyone noticed the quite unfamiliar song in the film Velaikaran - 'Ithukkuthan'.. Actually the lyrics are not catchy but the tune is terrific. It has an hidden melody content. The entire song is packed with beatiful guiter interludes. Try it out. Even the voice is quite different. Can anyone say who is the singer.
- From: mythila (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Wed Oct 6 11:16:59 EDT 2004
BS.Sashirekha is the singer for "Idhukku thaan".
"Idhu sangetha thirunaalo" Bhavatharini's version has prominent guitar backing than HH's version in Kadhalukku Mariyaadhai
- From: Sri (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Sat Oct 9 01:53:20 EDT 2004
All songs of Kathalukku Mariyadhai are backed by excellent guiter pieces.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum