Topic started by ash (@ 126.96.36.199) on Tue Jun 4 12:25:49 EDT 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.
- Old responses
- From: Bala (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Thu Jan 23 23:37:47 EST 2003
1.) what vm come back.. and raja gone.. comon sharma..still ilayaraja is giving big hits.I think u r not seeing the recent movies like kathalukku mariyaadhai, siraichaalai, sethu ... Moreover last year the movies like azahgi and Ramana were big hits becoz of their musical value. What happened to arr and deva. Think about this buddy....
2.) s.. i am also talking about the technical discussion what u guys have mentioned. I agree with u on that.People were not talking about technlogy they were crying for that. they were looking forward for the technology which was rich in the hindi cine world to come to our tfm world.Raja delivered that.. noone can have a second thought on that.
3.) C.. ARR hindi music would have attracted the people. But his tamil music was never listened by any north indian guy.Hats off to ARR to make his western music popular among the north indians not the tamil music.If he would have gone with the original south indian music nobody would have listened to his music. Becoz he is so good in presenting our native music.
4.) Karnan Vs Jhonny mm.. nice try.. but in vain.
Defenitely people can think about Raja's music for karnan.. but in vice versa.. i will laugh to death.
5.) c.. u have tightly closed ur eyes and giving statements. Noone can be compared to ilayaraja's bgm. How Shivaji was not influenced by anyone's acting.. raja also is not infuenced by anyothers music.I am not talking about the MSV's talent in delivering the village music.. i am talking about who is good in doing that.Since annankili
raja = raja in that.
6.) always the credit is shared by the whole unit in the success of the movie. But with raja always the success becomes double as the whole unit is remembering their success with that great man's work.
- From: Sharma (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Fri Jan 24 00:59:35 EST 2003
1. Ilayaraja giving big hits? Please, don't live in the past. Neenga pudicha muyalukku moonu kaal endraal, nobody can help you. Azhagi & Ramana hits because of IR's music? I have not heard a better joke in the last few days!
2. You refuse to understand the techology aspect I am inferring to. You may go gaga over Johnny. Similarly people have been amazed and analysed MSV's songs. Just because you don't it does not mean other don't.
3. The truth of the matter, even if you don;t want to accept it, is that the northeners have not bought IR's music but have bought ARR's music. You may not want to accept ARR's music as Tamil music. Similarly, many don't want to accept IR's music as Indian music. People here talk about orchestration, etc. Is that Tamil music? You can't have your cake and eat it too, you know.
4. IR for Karnan? @nd best joke of the day. :)
To me Johnny is nothing compared to the variety and challenges of Karnan. In fact Johnny has no Tamil music you speak of. :)
Long before IR came to the scene, MSV was already called the Mellisai Mannan. He set the path for IR to tread upon and Johnny is a result of that.
5. As for BGM, how many IR movies pre 80's have you seen? In fact, how old are you? :)
The way you say it is like there has been no actor before Sivaji and no MD before IR. It just proves your inadequacies, not others' talents.
6. I think both IR and you got to learn some things about humbleness from MSV the man.
- From: Are Yaar (@ 220.127.116.11)
on: Fri Jan 24 04:20:29 EST 2003
Sharma & bala:
Good discussion and argument..Good that you keep like this. Don't allow any one to jump in between and spoil..Don't let your emotions run...
Well I really enjoyed the discussion..point by point..
Bala..its your turn now.
- From: Lord LabakuDas (@ 18.104.22.168)
on: Thu Jan 30 14:59:05 EST 2003
Parunga..Evalavu azhaga numbers pottu point by point'a discuss pannikittu irundhaaga Sharma & bala.Neenga vandha udaney rendu perayum kanoom.:-))
Yen indha maadhiri panreenga?:-)
- From: Whatever (@ 22.214.171.124)
on: Thu Jan 30 16:13:36 EST 2003
How many years before the 80s did IR enter TFM? Your question is absurd. Like most things in life, there is a period where people mature, polish and finesse their art. Just because IR's early BGM's were not great does not mean that his subsequent ones were bad too. Talk about insecurity!
People calling MSV Mellisai Mannan long before IR camw is neither here nor there. Long before ARR came, IR was called Isai Gnyani. So where does that lead anyone? And if MSV was not around, IR would not have come up with a Jhonny, eh? You are talking as if there is no MD before MSV and everyone after him is a clone. In my opinion, after the advent of IR, MSV's music too borrowed IR's musical idioms.
MSV's tunes were no doubt good. But his interludes suck big time. It is like three songs in one with no sense of proportion.
- From: sri (@ 126.96.36.199)
on: Thu Jan 30 17:33:04 EST 2003
IR is IR
MSV is MSV
ARR is ARR
Each to his own.
I am with Raja.
Your choice is yours alone.
- From: peeps (@ 188.8.131.52)
on: Thu Jan 30 17:45:45 EST 2003
I am always with Rambha(admin'ey permission kuduthachu.:-))..:-)
- From: multi (@ 184.108.40.206)
on: Thu Jan 30 20:44:18 EST 2003
6. I think both IR and you got to learn some things about humbleness from MSV the man. "
ayya sarma avargale,
intha dialag ungalukkum porunthum. learn some humbliness prom MSV da man.
List all pages of this thread
Back to the Forum